Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

none third gen related problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cameron7710

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: none third gen related problem Reply with quote

well i dont know how much u guys know about hondas but me and my bro are at a total loss so i figured id ask.so my brothers accord has been having alot of issues lately and we are at a complete dead end on what it could be. so what its been doing, on start up (when cold) it missfires until its warm and did that for about a week then it also started to idle really low (under 400-500 rpm) and would die alot so just to keep it running we bumped the idle up and it ran but it jumps up and down from just under 1000 to 1500 and dies still if u stop to sudden or if u pump the break or break hard and sometimes would need a minute to start back up. so we thought maybe it was the distributor going out so we replaced it today and it was good for a little bit (just teasing us) and it started idling like it was. but it didnt mis fire on start up so that may be fixed but will have to wait till tomarrow when its cold to know for sure. but we are just running out of ideas cause in the last 3,000 miles we have replaced the distributor,carb,cap,rotor,spark plugs,plug wires,fuel filters, pvc filter, power steering pump (not related obviously),a bunch of vacuum lines, radiator hose and a bunch of other stuff but are not related to it running. so ya any ideas would be greatly appreciated. o and just for your information the car is a carbed 1988 accord lx with a 5speed trans

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: none third gen related problem Reply with quote

cameron7710 wrote:
dies still if u stop to sudden or if u pump the break or break hard and sometimes would need a minute to start back up

Carb float? Don't know crap-didly about Honda carbs specifically, but if one of my Holleys started doing that, that's where I'd look.
blue89

1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shat dude. Use some punctuation.

Short answer: Kiss it goodbye. It's one of the last years of carbureted honda's. Vacuum lines everywhere as you've noticed. See if your miss is spark or fuel. Since you replaced all of the ignition stuff aside from the pickup coil, I'd make sure you are getting a good signal from it. And read a book on tuning the carb. If that's possible.

89 RS - 5.7L LT1 SOLD
cameron7710

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue89 wrote:
Holy shat dude. Use some punctuation.

Short answer: Kiss it goodbye. It's one of the last years of carbureted honda's. Vacuum lines everywhere as you've noticed. See if your miss is spark or fuel. Since you replaced all of the ignition stuff aside from the pickup coil, I'd make sure you are getting a good signal from it. And read a book on tuning the carb. If that's possible.
ya sorry about the punctuation, i wrote that in a hurry lol. and ya i know the carbs on these things are freaking ridiculous, there complete garbage but its my bros first car and he refuses to give up on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: