Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RIP Indian Larry

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: RIP Indian Larry Reply with quote

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/entertainment/gossip/9533189.htm

I hate to be one of those "I saw him on Discovery Channel now I like motorcycles" type of people.

But he was damn good at what he did, and I know his loss will be crossover to more then just the motorcycle community.

The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how much diffrent the outcome of this wreck would have been, had he had a helmet on.

Of course he will be missed, but doing that kind of stuff with no helmet is just plain stupid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, not wearing a helmet is asking for it.
Demon
12sec Club

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with the speeds he did stunts at, I highly doubt a helmet would have saved him. besides, he was standing, at a decent rate of speed a head injury wouldn't be the first you'd get... severe internal injuries (punctured lungs, ruptured kidneys, etc) and more than likely a broken spine or neck, at minimum instant paralysis and difficulties with breathing, blood loss, etc...

Soon to be less than stock
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it depends on how you land, I know you are trying to drag us into an agrument Aaron, and saftey is one thing I will argue. What sort of speed to MotoGP riders crash at, and they grab their bike and go. At least with saftey equipment you have a chance. without it, you have Zero. Even you are not stupid enough to argue that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kidcamaro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apparently he is cuz that seems like what he was postin. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Demon
12sec Club

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:
it depends on how you land, I know you are trying to drag us into an agrument Aaron, and saftey is one thing I will argue. What sort of speed to MotoGP riders crash at, and they grab their bike and go. At least with saftey equipment you have a chance. without it, you have Zero. Even you are not stupid enough to argue that.
I'm not arguing it at all John. and really not trying to drag you into an argument either.

MotoGP riders wearing full protective leathers and helments n whatnot, vs. Indian Larry doing stunts in basically street clothes, is two completely different things.

and yes, it is all in how you land.

Standing on the back of a motor cycle is much different than riding around a course hugging your bike.

When a lot of GP riders have bikes come from under them and they go skidding on the track, or rolling and breaking a limb or two, or whatever, I would think its a lot different than somebody standing on a bike at full throttle that wobbles enough to where its going to flip, and he's going to land and break damn near everything in his body.

all i'm saying is that I highly doubt a helmet would have mattered at all in his case.

Just because you've got a helmet doesn't mean its going to save your life.
It might help from turning your head into a burst tomato on the pavement but in a lot of cases, thats about it, you can still be brain damaged from the impact.

but you are right in the fact that with safety equipment, yes you have a chance and without it, yes, you have zero. why would I argue it?

Soon to be less than stock
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: