Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My car has been accross the country ;)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
popballz

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: My car has been accross the country ;) Reply with quote

Yep, it started its life out in Virginia.
and i think it has about 300,000 miles on it Shocked

anyone else with interesting history?

izcain
9sec Club

1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's weird how the second and third dates or older to newer but the milage had a lot more when it was newer? Maybe a typo or glich in the system or something. That is cool to know!

I am the 3rd owner of my car. The car was purchased in a dealership in CA. The second owner that bought the car was a good friend to the original owner, so all the battle scars and whatnot I got to know the stories. The front end was smashed because the dumbass was eating a hamburger and was paying more attention to the hamburger then the truck in front of him. Wham there goes the front end and windshield. Second battle wound was the original owner thinking he was the drift king while going across a bridge and lost control and hit a guard rail. And the nice large discolored stain on the back quarter was where the original owner and his old lady got into a fight at his house and as he ran out the front door and jumped in the car to get away she was loading up with eggs. He sped off while she pelted the car with eggs lol.

So my car didn't start out with a good life to begin with then the second owner bought the car all screwed up thinking he would fix it up. It became a garage ornament for over 15 years until I came along at the tender age of 14 and just HAD to have a black Z28.
The car had only 68k on it which was shocking since the condition it was in. I made sure to verify the correct millage with the second guy who seemed like a pretty good guy.

Car has come a long ways since that first drive home! I wasn't even old enough to drive my own car home my dad drove it home for me. I bought the car with every dime I had saved by working my ass off in the shop!
Took me from 14 until about a onth before I got my license to get the car road worthy. I never did drive the car stock As soon as I got it home I tore the front end off of it and installed the hood, bumper and windshield I worked my butt of and scrimped and saved until I had enough to do a complete top end build on the 305.

My first drive (legally alone), High School dates,Graduation night, daily driven all thru high school and college as well as so many great nights I can't even begin to remember them all. Now it has 122k

When we got the car home my dad shook his head and kept asking me "you sure about this son? sure you dont want something else that will be a better base to start with? "

Now just this year after riding in the 10 second car this has become he looked at me and said " I didn't think you would ever make this car like this! You did a really nice job!" that made it all worth it! haha

Looking back now I can see that this doesn't even really have a price tag on it. Very Happy

1983 Z28 383 + 201ci more = New Heart for this season!
9.17 @ 148
91RSVert

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has all kinds of errors on it.

I would say that one is a typo.
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my GTA came from Hawaii.
aaron_sK

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original Florida car here. Not as cool as Hawaii, but still a long way to go.

BTW, Tony, any idea why someone decided to ship it back over here? Doesn't seem like it would be very cost-effective.
Al Hasse

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My V6 is originally a California car. It's been at least as far east as Michigan and Tennessee. I only know this because I drove it there Very Happy Chased a snowstorm all the way to Tennessee for Christmas in 1998.
flea

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea where mine came from. don't have carfax and don't want to spend the money on it just to find out. But it has a california paint job so I assume it was born there. I bought it from a guy in olympia that said he was selling it for his girl friend. he advertised it on craigslist as a V6, but its got a 305 in it so i guess its not a V6 car, 8 plug wires is another clue. it was pretty well trashed inside when I got it, guy said GF used the back seat as a trash can and the stains and damage to the carpet etc seem to confirm this. but I really don't know where it was first sold.
d00012

2007 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is from Texas, then off to Cali, then ending up here in Washington. Only been in Washington for a few years. Was used a lot, sold and auctioned.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:

BTW, Tony, any idea why someone decided to ship it back over here? Doesn't seem like it would be very cost-effective.

We have shipped 3 cars back and forth now and it used to be pretty cheap, like 6-800. 250 for my dads harley. But now its like 1200 and your stereo gets stolen for free Evil or Very Mad

2000 Maxima SE 5 Speed VQ30
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My car came from a dealership about 4 miles from where I live. It was then registered about 4 miles from there. It's never "lived" anywhere but here, however I've driven it to Socal, through Idaho, Oregon, Montana, Utah and up into Canadia.

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Jason_Culbertson

1982 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, carfax said there was 16 records for my car Shocked
\_(O)______(O)_/
"Smoke tires not drugs"
VW and Audi tuner on Forza 3
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:

it was shipped right before it hit 30,000 miles. it was more then likely a rental car. when they hit 30k they ship them off island to sell them, thus it was next registered in Washington.
...but that is just theory.
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xophertony wrote:
aaron_sK wrote:

it was shipped right before it hit 30,000 miles. it was more then likely a rental car. when they hit 30k they ship them off island to sell them, thus it was next registered in Washington.
...but that is just theory.

So, you think you beat on it more or less than it was when new? Very Happy

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: