Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My 2009 Dyno Predictions!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: My 2009 Dyno Predictions! Reply with quote

It is that time of year, we are getting close, so the annual Dewey-Lama Dyno Predictions are here!

Now, I have dropped the ball a few years, and not gotten predictions up, but, I figured it was time to revive the tradition.

Now, I know I don't have the greatest record for getting any of them right, maybe this will be the year that I nail it. I also have a history of starting certain ToTo bets, based on my predictions, so feel free to call someone else out, man up, and make a bet.

So, here we go...

10) Bart will be a no-show, the lowest ever recorded dyno reading will remain with Bart.

9) Rodney will out-perform Chris' new motor. I think we will have a new rivalry started here, I predict someone will say their car weights less, and could beat the other car at the track... tutu..maybe?

8) Even though it has a lower HP rating, Ian's LM7 LSx will somehow manage to edge my car out, by less than 3hp. I will be pissed of at Ian for yet another year.

7) Mikes 240hp nitrous shot, will still be a 100hp shot. The mystery continues.

6) Paul will use at least 1 jackstand on his car, friday night after pizza. Brandon will be looking over his shoulder the whole time, I'll drink a beer in a lawn-chair and watch them both.

5) We will talk Rich into putting his car up, he will be shocked at the lackluster performance of a stock motor. By the end of lunch, the crew will have talked him into commiting to at least $2k worth of mods.

4) The mohawk will win the battle of the Davidsons. (I'm pulling you get the motor in and going by then! Don't let me down.)

3) Jake's car will show up for Pizza playing Ram Jam, he will get to Paul's house playing Ram Jam, First thing we all hear each morning will be Ram Jam coming from Jakes car. And at some point, Jake will get drunk, and try to figure out how to get Black Betty on guitar-hero so he can sing.

2) This years "Dyno Dark-Horse" will hail from the Seattle area. My guess is it will be blue, and will just edge out Paul.

1) Everyone will have a great weekend, party a lot, have fun bench racing with their numbers, and really wish the weekend didn't go so fast.

--The Lama

"Ever see a Motorcycle in front of a Psychiatrists Office?" Me neither
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GREG DAVIDSON

1989 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well corey shaved off his hawk Laughing he might have a small one again buy then im really hoping to have both cars up there , but will only dyno my black car i'll be scraping buy to get the red one done and running well on time as it is but yea we're planning on staying the whole weekend Cheers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
91RSVert

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I havent met anyone in person or been to any of these events, I am a little lost. I'm sure being at just one would explain everything.

However, still some funny post and predictions Laughing

20ft Longhorn Car Hauler
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: My 2009 Dyno Predictions! Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:
Cool Even though it has a lower HP rating, Ian's LM7 LSx will somehow manage to edge my car out, by less than 3hp. I will be pissed of at Ian for yet another year.

Don't hate the LSx. Laughing

I'm just shooting for having it running by then!

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is this "dark horse?" Very Happy
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twilightoptics wrote:

You best come to dyno to find out....

(or to find out how horribly wrong I am...)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:
Twilightoptics wrote:

You best come to dyno to find out....

(or to find out how horribly wrong I am...)

Turd. Give Me Beer

83Z28BlackBetty
Bam-Ba-Lam

1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: My 2009 Dyno Predictions! Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:

3) Jake's car will show up for Pizza playing Ram Jam, he will get to Paul's house playing Ram Jam, First thing we all hear each morning will be Ram Jam coming from Jakes car. And at some point, Jake will get drunk, and try to figure out how to get Black Betty on guitar-hero so he can sing.

AHAHAHA Laughing so hard it hurts Well i can say you will at least be 1 for 10 Cool

~JAKE
Bam BaLam!

iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake, I see your car having a marked improvement with the new exhaust on it. I still remember you passing me up at the North Seattle gathering last year and just hear 'wwooosssssshhhh' with no exhaust note. Laughing
83Z28BlackBetty
Bam-Ba-Lam

1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its so true! This thing just feels like it can breath. My car is like an asthmatic kid who was just healed! Laughing
flea

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe but mine is the fastest third generation camaro ever built. From 1982 to 1991 they tried hard to accomplish what they finally succeeded in producing when mine rolled off the assembly line. 1992 they tried to beat it but realized it was no use at all and scraped the whole line after the perfection that is humbly known as my 1991 Camaro RS.
In fact there is a very long lineage of people great and small trying to accomplish what has ultimately become the babe magnet known as 'My Car.' All the Hot rod builders of the 50's 60's 70's and 80's have been trying to accomplish the superhuman feat of engineering that has become 'My car.' In the 90's and beyond they have all been in sheer awe any time 'My Car' is seen on the streets. It is a known fact that US hwy 101 through my town has been renamed 'His Car Blvd.' With any luck at all I will be able to scrape the cash together to attend this gala event, but alas even if I do attend, I will not be able to put 'My Car' on the dyno out of respect for others. 'My Car' would cause the entire dynamometer industry to close up shop after recording what would be absolute perfection and thus having no need to ever test another car again.

I like my car Lovey lovey

edited cause while 'My Car' is perfect in every way, my spelling isn't Sad

Last edited by flea on Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Nice!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
QwkTrip
11sec Club

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to know that my efforts to educate the crew through proper spelling is finally paying off. Very Happy
flea

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes. now you just need to work on my grammar Wink
305 302eater

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I hate to say it but it looks like me and my Iroc won't be making it. My t56 is starting to go out now, so I am sending the one in my garage out for a rebuild. This means I have to halt funds on the new engine. Even if I had it all together by dyno day nothing would be broke in yet. Sucks
corey davidson

1986 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the hawk is gone idk if ill cut it back in or not but hopefully my baby will be running
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

305 302eater wrote:
Well I hate to say it but it looks like me and my Iroc won't be making it. My t56 is starting to go out now, so I am sending the one in my garage out for a rebuild. This means I have to halt funds on the new engine. Even if I had it all together by dyno day nothing would be broke in yet. Sucks

Dude! Do it yourself! Where are you sending it?
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean nothing would be broke in yet?

The trans in rebuild form wont have a "break in" time. And millions of hot rodders build motors and break them in on the dyno for the initial fireup to tune it in.

If the motor is built right, it'll be broke in after about 30minutes of run time if not sooner, and you don't want to baby it.

alloy
T56 Elitist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iansane wrote:
305 302eater wrote:

Dude! Do it yourself! Where are you sending it?

If you are the one that put the T56 in, then YOU have the skills to rebuild it. It's much easier than it sounds. A few special tools and have a shop press a couple of parts and your in business. Don't waste your money. You will have at least $250 in shipping alone. Get the one torn apart and see what it needs. You have lots of help here, use it.

www.t5cablespeedometer.com
www.t56cablespeedometer.com

Ronald Reagan: "Most of us wonder if our lives made any difference. Marines don't have that problem."
GREG DAVIDSON

1989 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bout what rpm do you take your engine up to and bout for how long on the dyno ? is'nt it close to redline ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: