Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i hate loaning out my car...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: i hate loaning out my car... Reply with quote

backstory:
my brother commutes from Portland to klamath falls every week, this weekend he took my sister down to kfalls too. she met him at his work in Salem and they drove down in his car. after driving to medford and back, they left kfalls for portland

story:
...and drove all the way back to Portland, forgetting to pick up Elyse's car in Salem. so now, Elyse needs to borrow my car, to drive her and her boyfriend to Salem, to get her car. i can't driver her, which i would do just so she would not be behind the wheel of my car, because i have to go to work.

so i will be driving the T/A to work, while my sister, who is not too proficient with a manual trans, drives my firebird for a few hours.

what does put my mind at ease is that she used to have a firebird, and has only ever been in one accident, a mild 5MPH rollback incident. i am sure it will be fine, but it always makes me nervous lending out my car. it helps to vent, and that was why this post was made.

anyone have any interesting stories that relate to borrowing/lending cars to other people?

DBL_TKE

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very selfish about my car. I don't even let my own father drive it. I remember when I tried teaching my girlfriend how to drive in my car because she always asks to drive it. I probably shaved 10 years off my life after that experience.
Richmond 3.73 posi| 36/24 sway bars | SLP LM2 | Koni's | Ground Control 800/200 | Y2K wheels | Dyno Don headers & Y-pipe | airfoil | BBK underdrive pulleys | Raised strut mounts | Extended ball joints | LCARB'S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
91RSVert

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll let my family drive my cars (helps mom doesnt drive, no sissy). My first f-body I actually bought for my fiance to drive. She scared the living $hit outta me on many occasions. We broke up, I got the car back and saved its life.

I use to loan cars to friends, but after getting burnt more times then I can count, not anymore. I will only loan to family.

Only one person can I think of that I use to loan my car to, it would come back cleaned on outside, full of gas, then sometimes cleaned inside too!! This person was also a good looking female that no mater how many times I asked her out, she said no Sad
82camaro383
12sec Club

1985 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually let my friends and family (who know how to drive a manual) drive my 4Runner. When it comes to the camaro, my step dad is the only person that can drive it because he helped me build it. I would let my mom drive it, but she is afraid, and she hates the manual stearing.
steven23

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I feel this thread like a mutha*bleep*. After swapping a new head(+guts) and turbo+exhaust+intake+radiator and a ton of other goodies on a 'not that old engine & trans-axle w/ HD half shafts) I made the horrible mistake of loaning my sister my 85' Daytona Turbo Z while I moved up to Washington for a little over a year & a 1/2... When I got back.... All I Could get from it was $300. Turbo bearings & seals were shot,motor knocked bad w/ piston slap and shifted hard as hell and cluncked like crazy and rode like crap....

Long story short,dont trust ANYONE with your car! Because the more money you dump in to it,the more the people you loan it to with *F* it up. Thankfully the guy I sold it to is a close friend. Now days I wont let anyone even handle the keys to any of my cars unless they want a beating!

Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so my sister got "sidetracked" and never got her car yesterday Rolling Eyes so i'll be driving her to get it today. she says it made her mis her old 1989 firebird. she had the T-tops off cruising around today. i am gonna hafta bring her along to a gathering one of these days.
Quasi-Traction
"I have petals"

1986 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tony, didn't you "loan" me your car for this last dyno gathering?

The white bird is kind of fun to drive. Although that chatter out of first gear gets old real quick.

Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so some people return your car dirty, some people return it clean. some people return it empty, some return it full. Chris returns it in better repair... when he gave me my car back after dyno weekend he informed me that my window crank had fallen off (it had no retainer clip) and that he replaced it with one that did have a retainer clip.
Sellmanb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Chris, my Buick has an external headgasket leak, wanna drive it Smile
Quasi-Traction
"I have petals"

1986 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wanna buy the headgasket......sure.

Fair warning though.....I'm going to get those few HARD miles out of what's left of the standing gasket... Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quasi-Traction wrote:

Fair warning though.....I'm going to get those few HARD miles out of what's left of the standing gasket... Wink

The supercharger will make that be for about 2 miles lmao.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: