Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got ranch thrown on my car!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
305 302eater

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Got ranch thrown on my car!!! Reply with quote

Ya its true...Ok get this guys on monday my car had ranch thrown on it while i was in it... Hit it hard... tried to turn around and get them bet they were gone but the person who was following behind them followed them and got there plate number and then found me... I was like **** ya, so i called the cops and they got them and it was some 17 yearold kid. anyways the cops talked to the parents and they want to pay for any restitution on my behalf because i said i wont prosicute. I also made the kid call and appologize... So what do you guys think i should do, take the car to a body shop and see how much it will cost to have the car repainted or what? Not much damage at all, infact u cant even tell because my car has so many chips on it already but i figure that the kid has to learn somehow and maybe paying for a repaint would help a little... Confused
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would find out how much it would cost to repaint the pannel it hit. if it got on the whole car then by all means find the cost of a full paint job.

but this sis one of those touchy things. a paint job is gonna cost 1000-5000. the parents are not gonna shell out 5000$ without a fight, probably will tell you to get lost. you couled probably get $200-$500 out of them for this.

kinda up to you how you want to proceed. if it was me, i would say something like this:
"well, the body shop estimated [insert estimate here] to repaint the car. now, i don't feel you guys should have to pay all of that, my car did not have brand new paint before the 'ranching' took place; but i do feel some money is due, what do you feel is a appropriate figure?"

depending on how they are handling it with their son will probably determine the figure. what i mean is; if they are making him pay them back for whatever they give you by getting a job, then they will want to give you more, so the kid learns his lesson real good. if they are just going into their own pockets and punishing him some other way (grounding, the belt, whatever) then you will proabably walk away with a few hundred bucks. buy some mods and buy the guy who chased him down and got his plate number dinner. Smile (for real, that guy is awesome, buy him a meal or a sixpack or something)

so what's with crew cars getting fooded all of the sudden?
91RSVert

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it fade the paint or anything?

I would just ask for a very nice detailing at a good detail shop (buff, wax, vac, etc).

Glad there was a nice citizen behind you who helped in your efforts.
DBL_TKE

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel your pain buddy. Hey, at least you were able to catch the culprit, right?
Richmond 3.73 posi| 36/24 sway bars | SLP LM2 | Koni's | Ground Control 800/200 | Y2K wheels | Dyno Don headers & Y-pipe | airfoil | BBK underdrive pulleys | Raised strut mounts | Extended ball joints | LCARB'S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sellmanb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the kid is probably in enough trouble as it is man. There's no reason why his parents should have to shell out a grand or something because of ranch being thrown at the car, that's just not right.

If you really want to teach the kid a lesson, tell the parents that you want the kid to wash/wax your car and you'll call it even.

Ranch doesnt do anything strange to paint that I know of?
Demon
12sec Club

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sellmanb wrote:
the kid is probably in enough trouble as it is man. There's no reason why his parents should have to shell out a grand or something because of ranch being thrown at the car, that's just not right.

If you really want to teach the kid a lesson, tell the parents that you want the kid to wash/wax your car and you'll call it even.

ranch is commonly made with egg and mayonaise
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
305 302eater

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demon wrote:
Sellmanb wrote:

I was going to say that... And I will just say what would happen to the kid if i had prosicuted... He would first be tried for vehicular man slotter... His first offer from the state would be about anywhere from 2k to 5k plus a min of 30 days in jail.... The second offer will be wreckless indangerment... And will have to pay 600 dollars plus 100 dollars in court fees and what ever it costs them for a lier and for taking time off of work and what not.... so i was just figuring either way i was saving him a big ding on his wreckard... don't ask me how i know all this by the way... so i was thinking of getting a couple of estimats done and telling them that i only want half.... i really want to teach the kid a lesson and because he is still so young i think it really needs to hit home if you guys can understand that...

Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhhh... vehicular man slaughter means accidentally KILLING SOMEONE WITH YOUR CAR. i don't think they would charge him with that.
305 302eater

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they tried with me... and i didn't do what you just said... just trying to let you guys know how much i am actually saving him cause i've been stupid once also.... i think i will get a estimate done and tell them that i want half or what ever they can swing... i think thats fare considering what he would be going through i think...
QwkTrip
11sec Club

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Got ranch thrown on my car!!! Reply with quote

305 302eater wrote:
Ya its true...Ok get this guys on monday my car had ranch thrown on it while i was in it... Hit it hard....

You mean an entire bottle of ranch dressing, or just some fluid hitting your car?
BigDaddyVu
12sec Club

1986 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they will only fix the spot that got damaged you'll only get a total paint job if the car is within 5 years old and requires full coverage. so they'll problably give you 5 bucks for a rattle can of touch up paint. so i wouldn't bother. its an old car no Insurance run paint shop will touch it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rjmcgee
The Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

305 302eater wrote:
Demon wrote:
Sellmanb wrote:

I was going to say that... And I will just say what would happen to the kid if i had prosicuted... He would first be tried for vehicular man slotter... His first offer from the state would be about anywhere from 2k to 5k plus a min of 30 days in jail.... The second offer will be wreckless indangerment... And will have to pay 600 dollars plus 100 dollars in court fees and what ever it costs them for a lier and for taking time off of work and what not.... so i was just figuring either way i was saving him a big ding on his wreckard... don't ask me how i know all this by the way... so i was thinking of getting a couple of estimats done and telling them that i only want half.... i really want to teach the kid a lesson and because he is still so young i think it really needs to hit home if you guys can understand that...

Manslaughter???? Laughing

I doubt any DA's office will being willing to spend the time and money to attempt to press those kinds of charges on a 17 year old because he threw a packet of ranch dressing at you.

Plus, what you described happenning to the car they already have enough damage to total it. Laughing so hard it hurts

Don't get your car totaled over an airborn packet of ranch dressing.

This is the dumbest post I have ever read.
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjmcgee wrote:
This is the dumbest post I have ever read.

i disagree sir, search for "danked". Laughing
http://www.cascadecrew.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2627&highlight=
http://www.cascadecrew.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2787&highlight=
Jenn

1987 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owned!
Bam-Ba-Lam

1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this is quite at the level of Danked, but still totally ridiculous. There is no way in hell they would prosecute this kid for vehicular manslaughter and send him to jail for a month because he threw some salad dressing on your car. MAYBEEEEE the reckless endangerment thing, but not manslaughter!! For crying out loud, you drive a 3rd gen Camaro, not a vintage Ferrari. I understand wanting to teach some kid a lesson because he was stupid, but be realistic here man.

~JAKE

Quasi-Traction
"I have petals"

1986 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be more intrested in this if the story was posted with more than 60% of the words spelled correctly.

Seriously, paying for a paint job and all the crap about pressing charges and whatnot is a little extreme.

The kid has apologized. Make him/and or the parents pay for a detail on your car or a decent wash/wax job on it. That seems plenty fair to me.

1987 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or....

write it off as a stupid prank, he got caught and scared sh**less.

Lesson Learned.

*What goes around, comes around

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, getting caught and screamed at doesnt do shizzle if the kids are stupid enough to do it once.

I am the older brother of a kid that would do something stupid like this. No matter how many times they get caught sneaking out, drinking, or vandalizing, they dont get it. They wont get it till they pay a visit to Juvee.

We are talking about Teenagers here. "It wont happen to me"
82camaro383
12sec Club

1985 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friends and I use to throw sauce from fast food restaurants at both cars and people only a few years ago. It occured all throughout our high school and no one made a big deal out of it. I came out one day and my dads truck was covered with ranch, taco sauce and sweet and sour. I didn't care and my dad didn't care because we knew water would wash it off. This ranch situation is being blown out of proportion.
Sellmanb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STEEL wrote:
Ok, getting caught and screamed at doesnt do shizzle if the kids are stupid enough to do it once.

I am the older brother of a kid that would do something stupid like this. No matter how many times they get caught sneaking out, drinking, or vandalizing, they dont get it. They wont get it till they pay a visit to Juvee.

We are talking about Teenagers here. "It wont happen to me"

To add to "It wont happen to me" though, once it did happen to him (getting caught) he probably felt a little overwhelmed. I'm sure that lesson is learned. There's no need to go vigilante justice on him or anything over a packet of ranch lmao.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: