Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wiring 1986 Berlinetta

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quasi-Traction
"I have petals"

1986 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Wiring 1986 Berlinetta Reply with quote

Ok.........i got the cabin wiring harness out of the 84 camaro and put it in the 86 Berlinetta and installed the dash......hooked a battery up.........and........nothing. Absolutely no electrical power to anything. Checked to make sure the battery had good contact to the battery posts and a good ground.......still nothing...There was no Alternator hooked up, so I dunno if that will be the difference...I wouldn't imagine so.

When I got the car it had a and Had a Digital dash an fully electronic gauges. I removed the In-cabin wiring harness (still have it) and the Emission (seperate) harness with the ECM. I disconnected the firewall plug and left what was in the engine bay alone. I took the in-cabin wiring harness off the 84 camaro and connected the two at the firewall plug. It has the 84's old dash in it, so by all means the wires hook in all the correct spots. Everything worked when it was in the 84 camaro. should I take the engine bay harness out of the 86 and put in the 84's old one? The only thing I could guess is that the connector pins on the firewall plug have different things for different spots between the 84 and 86.

Any other suggestions for how to solve this problem?

The Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a starter in the car? The positive battery lead just goes straight to the starter on the solenoid, there will be three or four smaller 10 -12 awg wires that go on the solenoid stud with the battery cable that provide power to the rest of the car. If there is no starter those wires are just hanging there.
Quasi-Traction
"I have petals"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't remember.........I'll check it out today and get back to you.
"I have petals"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the starter is installed, and all the prospective wires seem to be in the right places.......For all intents and purposes there should be power going to the car.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: