Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Last Weekend of July
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Al Hasse

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got info on event at Champs. Events are $49.95 per person (10 people or more $59.95 otherwise). Consist of 2 races each. If I got my info correct, top 5 from each race will run in a finale with a trophy awarded at the end. I decided agaist the event on short notice (due to the $50 price tag), but we can still show up and drive for $15.95 each (no group rates). There may also be a fee to buy a "license." Oh, yeah...almost forgot, for safety - no shorts and no sandals, all other safety equipment (helmet & liner etc.) is provided, unless you want to use your own.

There are 2 events scheduled for Saturday already, one at 5:00 and one at 8:00. The option is still open to schedule the event if anyone really wants to put up the cash. We should be fine if we show up at 3:00 and drive. I'll keep in touch with them to see if the schedule remains the same.
Quasi-Traction
"I have petals"

1986 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS:http://evteam.gambitdesign.com/albums/album05/DSC00203.jpg

Plus this:
http://www.newscientist.com/data/images/ns/cms/dn8069/dn8069-1_350.jpg

Equals This:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPDZW6uQCOE&NR

Please.....don't drink and Kart.

The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al,

Now I don't claim to be the smartest man in the world. But if a race is $15.95, 2 of them, would be about $31.90. Now, why would we want to pay $50 for 2 races?

Am I completley missing the point here? If there is a really good reason to go with the $50 on, I would really consider it, since really, we are probably going to be paying north of $30 no matter what. But I am seem to be missing, how that is a good rate.

--John
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rottluver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:
Al,

Now I don't claim to be the smartest man in the world. But if a race is $15.95, 2 of them, would be about $31.90. Now, why would we want to pay $50 for 2 races?

Am I completley missing the point here? If there is a really good reason to go with the $50 on, I would really consider it, since really, we are probably going to be paying north of $30 no matter what. But I am seem to be missing, how that is a good rate.

--John
I could be way off but it sounds like after the 2nd race there is a 3rd race (of the top 5) to "crown a winner" and they get a trophy....now that does suck for the ones not in the top 5, but that would be my guess as to the $$ differences.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that still doesn't add up. 3 races at $15 each, is only $45. that makes for a $50 trophy, if you have 10 people.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Al Hasse

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have part of this incorrect as it was word of mouth over the phone. I agree that the price is pretty high for only 2 races, maybe the total number of laps is more per race on the group events, that was part of the info I either didn't get or didn't hear as I was getting details (was only interested in cost at the time).
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get a chance, maybe a little more info would be helpful. Since chances are we are each going to be spending at least $30, as it is now. I would be interested to find out what the extra $20 would get us. I of course don't speak for everyone else though, and am not sure where everyone else stands.
Al Hasse

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to find out later today the difference between open racing and group events (i.e. lap count).

From gleaning their website, it appears that everyone alo gets a practice session. This makes sense to me as Grand Prix style is what was explained over the phone.

Quote:
Want to have some friendly competition in your group to blow-off steam and build morale? Try one of our Grand Prix formats. Everyone practices and qualifies in groups and those that make the cut face off in a final to crown the winners.
Al Hasse

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Called Champs and got some good info.

Event for $49.95, everyone runs 3 qualifyng heats of 10 laps each, the top 5 will then run a 4th race for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place trophies. Price also includes fire suits (if you're so inclined) license and bottomless soft drinks, and a group photo.

Open race $15.95 per person + $5.95 for daily license ($12.95 for annual) is a 10 lap race.

Their schedule is still open for a 3:00 event on Saturday.
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that doesn't seem like that great of a deal. We could buy 30 laps for $50. I don't think it is that great of a deal for a group.
Al Hasse

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One reason that I thought we should just show up and race, no group event. Only bennies are the soft drinks and a paid for license.
Mangus

1989 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "event" is a deal, but just barely. Personally, I'm fine with running a race or two. I'm not really interested in the $50 event. But I'll follow the herd.
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I think we just show up and race. That way, people who want to run 3 races can, those who only want 1, can only do that. IT seems like a much better plan. Not enough of a savings to try to justify that much money.
Al Hasse

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I'm normally good for about 2 races anyway. Once in a while I can do 3 without feeling the effects of muscling the carts through the turns.
Rottluver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:
that still doesn't add up. 3 races at $15 each, is only $45. that makes for a $50 trophy, if you have 10 people.
Very Happy
I never said it added up, just was a possible reason for the over-pricing.......cuz ya know, those $5 trophies are expensive. Wink
Mangus wrote:
The "event" is a deal, but just barely. Personally, I'm fine with running a race or two. I'm not really interested in the $50 event. But I'll follow the herd.
The herd is giving me $50 each. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mangus

1989 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm counting on meeting everyone at the car show around noon on Saturday. We can cruise from there to my house.

Last edited by Mangus on Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
85 T/A WS6

1985 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mangus wrote:
I'm counting on meeting everyone at the car show around noon on Saturday...........

Show is Sunday btw.....
Mangus

1989 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

85 T/A WS6 wrote:
Mangus wrote:
I'm counting on meeting everyone at the car show around noon on Saturday...........

Show is Sunday btw.....

Car show BBQ is Saturday. Does this meen you'll be there?
85 T/A WS6

1985 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mangus wrote:
85 T/A WS6 wrote:
Mangus wrote:

Show is Sunday btw.....

Car show BBQ is Saturday. Does this meen you'll be there?

Just to be clear, the WWF BBQ is at Clyde Revord Motors on Sat, the All Pontiac Show is Sun at Everett Mall, Im sure everyone knows this but I understand how details can get burried.

I will be at the show only, if I even go. I used to hit every show I could now Im kinda burnt out on them and have not been to one yet this year.

The only other one I may hit is the GTO Legends NW Muscle Car Meet at the XXX in Issaquah Aug 13

1985 Trans Am Recaro Option (AS5)
67,000 miles 5.0 TPI Hi Flow MAF
TPI Airfoil w/Bypass Flowmaster WS6 (.92g)
3:27 Borg Warner Posi K&N Filtration
miamivice

1982 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

85 T/A WS6 wrote:

Just to be clear, the WWF BBQ is at Clyde Revord Motors on Sat, the All Pontiac Show is Sun at Everett Mall, Im sure everyone knows this but I understand how details can get burried.

I will be at the show only, if I even go. I used to hit every show I could now Im kinda burnt out on them and have not been to one yet this year.

yeah i mentioned above that the BBQ is going to be Clyde Revord.

out of all the shows, you need to make it to this one!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Event Calendar All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: