Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our police, hard at work again.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Our police, hard at work again. Reply with quote

As my week just keeps rolling. I got a parking ticket, on the audi today, for the car being parked in front of my own house. That is right. I called 5 numbers, to get told I had to call someone else. Finally I got a hold of someone, who informed me that I cannot park my car in front my own house, for more the 24 hours. I then asked, how they know that I had no driven the car, and parked it there again. To which I got the lovely answer of "They don't, but they can still ticket you"

Our defenders hard at work again. They don't have enough personal to even respond to burglury call in this city, but they found the time to drive thru my off the path neighborhood, and ticket me for parking at my own home.

sorry, just had to rant, and if anyone from the City of Gresham, or Multnomah country reads this. Lick my nuts.

This of course follows my ticket for 62 in a 55 yesterday, in a "custruction zone" there were of course no signs, no cones, only a lone truck OFF the grass, with its lights off. Hey cheezy, you think Canada has room for an imagrant?

"Ever see a Motorcycle in front of a Psychiatrists Office?" Me neither
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

: hangs head low:

lama lama lama... wow! Does anybody remember Schleprock? Cartoon character from Pebbles and Bam-Bam that had the dark rain cloud that followed him around.

You, my friend, are po-po bait. If I ever need one I am going to hang out with you... until then you can not ride in my vehicles Shocked

sorry bud

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
slut

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that. Your problem might be living in Multnomah County though. Any county that has its own income tax obviously has issues.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
alloy
T56 Elitist

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here in Vancouver they have the same BS law. They told me either I move my pickup or they would tow it. It had been gone all day and had been sitting there for 20 minutes when they put the warning notice on it. Now I've counted over 100 cars and pickups on my way to work that haven't moved for 2 months.........so they selectively engorce the law. Seems like a bunch of crap to me.
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suck!
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys need to rent a few acres.. could park 3 or 4 junk yards out here.

Somebody mention putting in a drag strip once?? The road crew left their pile drivers and truck fully loaded with guard railing and post out back. Think we could have the rails up by monday?? Very Happy
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a tall order by monday. But... If we did pull it off, we know we are in the wrong buisness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could bring tequila Very Happy

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BigDaddyVu
12sec Club

1986 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can have your ticket amended moving voilation to a expired tags cost 25 dallors ontop of your total fine. That is if you want to keep you Ins rates low. No mercy in school zones.
RSFreak
The other "John"

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a ticket in Tacoma for not turning my wheels to the curb. That is soooo ghey!!! Mad
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a patrolman giving out tickets in downtown Cathlamet for starting your car before putting your seatbelt on. If that's against the law how would you check your tranny fluid?
kidcamaro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been lucky so far since i moved to usa. i have only been pulled over 3 times and walked away with 1 ticket. im surprised i dont get pulled over for no front plate. lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BigDaddyVu
12sec Club

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talk to alot of people in Oregon. They all said that the goverment has lack of faith in their citizens( we can't pump our gas becuz were idiots, special laws for operating a car, pay more taxes for nothing, speed limit is still 55 on rural highways, strict regulations on operating a business) why is that? i do know that its an expensive state to drive a semi-truck there. ( tax per mile driven )
rjmcgee
The Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigDaddyVu wrote:
i do know that its an expensive state to drive a semi-truck there. ( tax per mile driven )

When fuel costs $2.80 - $3.00 a gallon and your truck gets about 6 mpg it is expensive to drive a truck anywhere. Sad
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly enough, although Oregon does have a Ton/Mile tax for freight, the fuel tax in Washington sure makes up for it. Washington has a $0.31 tax PER GALLON. So WA will get their tax money from you, if you fill up in their their state, not just if you drive in it. Whereas Oregon has the per ton/mile tax, so that you only pay for the miles you put on the highway in that state.

(Yes, although a computer geek, my company happens to make software for the trucking industry.)
BigDaddyVu
12sec Club

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know about that but we have to pay for a decal I.F.T.A International Fuel Tax Agreement which is the nation's average. Then we buy a permant for each of the the states public utilities we drive in. Then we pay taxes per mile in each state Washington cost 3.00 a mile, it costs 8000 to 10000 dallors to insure a semi a year (that's without Haz Mat), recap tires cost 400 and double for new, Costs 500 to change oil (10 gals) and greese everything every 7000 miles, 5 miles per gal on flat areas My 2005 International gets 1.2 miles per gallon loaded going up Cabbage hill, 40,000 a year to pay a person to drive it. So there is alot of money tied up in the trucking Industry. and get this they reduced hours of operation in a truck less drive time more freight charges. every thing man made comes on trucks So give a lil respect to those big rigs on the highway.
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one is bashing them. The point is, Oregon taxes one way, Washington taxes another way. Every state gets their money one way or another. I know the problems, trust me, my company feels it, just like the big companies in the industry, along with the small companies.

I don't even know how we got onto this subject, as it is completely off topic, and probably not anything worth discussing here.
ET phone hoME

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Our police, hard at work again. Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:
This of course follows my ticket for 62 in a 55 yesterday, in a "custruction zone" there were of course no signs, no cones, only a lone truck OFF the grass, with its lights off. Hey cheezy, you think Canada has room for an imagrant?

contest that, you were given a ticket for '62 in a 55 work zone' when that IMO is not true, i think you can get completely off the hook because no signs etc etc. if not you can atleast get off of the double for work zone part if you talk to a judge. i say its worth a try.

ET phone hoME

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, im in shock from reading all of this, especially the stuff about the cops. you know whats bad around here? the county just got 3 new cars. a silver and a white and a black impala, unmarked hidden lights etc. i hit it after i took a semi-backroad corner and about 70 realised i was approaching a cop-impala at 25 over the 45 mph limit, fortunately he was busy riding somebody elses bumper (which he proceded to do the next 2 miles of the road with me a nice 200 feet back)
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:
Interestingly enough, although Oregon does have a Ton/Mile tax for freight, the fuel tax in Washington sure makes up for it. Washington has a $0.31 tax PER GALLON. So WA will get their tax money from you, if you fill up in their their state, not just if you drive in it. Whereas Oregon has the per ton/mile tax, so that you only pay for the miles you put on the highway in that state.

(Yes, although a computer geek, my company happens to make software for the trucking industry.)

The fuel tax is being contested.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: