Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cingular Sucks.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Cingular Sucks. Reply with quote

Plain and simple.

So as some of you have found out, I am having problems with my cell phone. When people try to call me, they get a busy signal (they should at least go to voicemail). My phone has also been stuck in roaming for a couple of weeks now. My battery also does not last very long anymore.

So I went to the Cingular store yesterday, in hopes of getting things fixed. Now, I did not sign up with Cingular, I was an AT&T customer, and of course they bought them out.

So, The people at the store tell me, that they cannot help me, to fix the situation, I will have to 1) Sign a new 2 year contract 2) with a one of their 'new' service plans 3) I will have to purchase a new phone, at the retail price 4) I can not even buy a new battery for my current phone.

Anyway, I think that is about it for my dealing with them. I am not very happy with the fact, that my service is not working, and instead of helping me solve the issue, they are trying to get me to sign a new contract.

Anyway, Just venting. I think I may see what Nextel will do for me, I had them before this phone, their service and coverage was very good.

"Ever see a Motorcycle in front of a Psychiatrists Office?" Me neither
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
alloy
T56 Elitist

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DO NOT GO WITH NEXTEL. Deb worked for them, and if they were free she wouldn't have them. We dumped cingular for EXACTLY the same reasons you did, and now have Verizon and we are very happy with them.
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,

What exactly about nextel is it, that she doesn't like. I've been talking to the guys here at work, at the all seem happy with nextel. There were people who were not happy with verizon. I guess they all have problems, and they all have similar pricing, so I am going to go with whoever seemingly have the best service. Any experiance is welcome!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
alloy
T56 Elitist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me talk to Deb and get back to you.
alloy
T56 Elitist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, she said there are many problems with the phones themselves, programming issues, the highest rate of customer disatisfaction of all the major companies, high dropped call rate, and they are the most expensive phones and plans out there.

But they do have one thing that all others don't, the walkie talkie feature. If this is what you want, then there is no other choice. But for regular cell phone usuage go with verizon.
ET phone hoME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use a nextel at 2 work places and they always seem to work well for me. actually, i have only once ever not been in a coverage area. it was in the middle of a small valley surrounded by hills and right next to the landfill Razz nextel walkie talkie smokes all others. all my friends use verison for normal phones and they all like it.

now your left about square 1 again.

JohnnyIROC-Z

1995 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A.) Cingular is coming out with walkie Talkie feature in the fall. B.) T-mobile has the best customer service but not so good coverage. I currently work for cingular. But I am thinking of following another career plan. See my next post for that.
Camaro350Z28

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have verizon and i think its great, they are helpful if i have problems which i really havent had any besides my phone bill being messed up but it was resolved perfectly over the phone... Service is good also and plans are so so..

1997 Z28 PCMforLess tune, K&N CAI, trickflow elbow, 160 thermostat, edelbrock shorty headers, Flowmaster 3", 18" cragars.
Best 1/4 - 13.8 @ 101.98 60' 2.27
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandy says call *611 something like that to call directly to AT&T Customer Service. They should help. She had similar problem. Keep names and confirmation numbers.

Cool
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had verizon since I was 16. Never had a problem. Awesome coverage around here(may vary down there though). Great customer service all the times I have called. Cheap decent phones. Wish they had the walkie talkie thing though.

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twilightoptics wrote:
Brandy says call *611 something like that to call directly to AT&T Customer Service. They should help. She had similar problem. Keep names and confirmation numbers.

Cool

Talked to 3 of them, and 2 supervisors. Wink
vega_guy_76

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got T-Mobile and have been satisfied with them for the last 3 years or so.

Charlie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JohnnyIROC-Z

1995 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

611 no * and it all routes to the same place anyway, and if you're even 1 day past due it goes to collections then they transfer you to wherever from there. It's an ok Job but I don't want to do that line of work anymore
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vega_guy_76 wrote:
I've got T-Mobile and have been satisfied with them for the last 3 years or so.

Charlie

Just make sure you don't have to use their phone exchange program. Bastards.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of my friends who have cingular have "F**k Cingular" as their voice mail message, because EVERYTIME you call them it goes straight to voicemail.

Verizon>Everything else.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: