Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy turkey day. Track video inside

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red Bird

1991 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject: Happy turkey day. Track video inside Reply with quote

Hello, not sure if anyone still comes to the forum, but i needed to look up some info and was glad to still see this forum up! i bought my car in 2005 i probably joined somwhere shortly after. I have a 1991 Firebird with a 5speed and L03.

I started out autocrossing in 2007 and had a dream to move up to road racing circuits in my street car. I modified it slowly using this forum for advice.

I left my car fairly stock and focused on learning to drive.

15 years later, and I have driven to and from every roadcourse in the Northwest from Yakima WA. 200 miles each way from central WA

Pacific Raceways, The Ridge, Spokane county Raceway, Oregon Raceway Park, and Portland international raceway.

No truck no trailer.

the car has made it home every time.

I found inspiration from guys like Dewey and others that were working on the lowly TBI cars on here and it has been super reliable.

I have driven around cars that cost 10 times as much as i have into my car. On a roadcourse its all about course knowledge and how well you know your car.

Hope everyone is still having fun with their Thirdgens. If you see the post and still have your car comment. id love to see if you still have them what happened to your cars or if you still have them where they are at now.

should see a pic of the car and a link to video of it on track. let me know if it doesnt come up.

Thanks and happy Thanksgiving Crew.

Isaac

Link to video.

https://youtu.be/lUKbcqK6LCY

QwkTrip
11sec Club

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Isaac!

Yes, still have my Firebird after 27 years. Although I am getting tired of dealing with all the issues and maintenance of an old car.

Car is now just a fair weather bruiser-cruiser, something I can hop in when I want to be rowdy and fast.
Jess
Administrator

1988 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your track videos are pretty sweet. I have recently acquired another Firebird after a 10 year hiatus of a fun car - a 1988 Formula. Its a tuned port, factory 5-speed car with all the ideal options on my perfect car would have this list. My first Firebird was a an 89 V6, 5-speed base model that I sold after buying the GTA. The 95 was sold just before getting married, and the GTA (sold to a crew member's son) the next year.

The Formula has been a ton of fun, I drive it daily and hardly put any miles on it due to my short drive to work. It's also quite loved by my kiddos - they love taking corners sharp and accelerating fast from stops. Plans for the Formula are: paint, suspension upgrades, and hopefully an LS1 T-56 swap. I would love to someday get it on a road course one day, like you drive it there, race and drive it home would my ideal setup.

First Firebird:

88 GTA:

95 Trans Am:

Current 88 Formula:

'89 Firebird V6 - Sold
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool vid and history Isaac!

Jess is back in a thirdgen USA

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: