Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thinking about buying this...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
izcain
9sec Club


Joined: 09 Sep 2006
Posts: 1306
Location: Port Angeles WA

1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking boat Dave!

The 502 Mag is a great motor. looks like your having a blast!

I am not seeing the expansion tank is this raw water cooled?

_________________

1983 Z28 383 + 201ci more = New Heart for this season!
9.17 @ 148
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
IROCDave
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 957
Location: Snohomish WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. I dont plan to run it in the sound so closed cooling system isnt in the plan right now.

I need to prod a couple of you guys into the boating word. You would be right at home.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jchaussee
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 1318
Location: renton


PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to join the boating world. And as soon as finances allow I will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IROCDave
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 957
Location: Snohomish WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could start with the engine.....http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/3002559322.html

Then buy someones project that needs repowered.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flea
Member


Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Posts: 1246
Location: Raymond WA

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IROCDave wrote:
I need to prod a couple of you guys into the boating word. You would be right at home.


I'd love a boat, but the truth is I get seasick in the shower.

_________________
Killing mailboxes since 2009
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Quasi-Traction
"I have petals"


Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 3873
Location: stumptown

1986 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flea wrote:
IROCDave wrote:
I need to prod a couple of you guys into the boating word. You would be right at home.


I'd love a boat, but the truth is I get seasick in the shower.


are you sure it isn't the hangover from the night before? Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
flea
Member


Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Posts: 1246
Location: Raymond WA

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that could also be it. sometimes it's hard to tell where it's coming from before it splatters the feet.
_________________
Killing mailboxes since 2009
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
IROCDave
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 957
Location: Snohomish WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quasi-Traction wrote:
flea wrote:
IROCDave wrote:
I need to prod a couple of you guys into the boating word. You would be right at home.


I'd love a boat, but the truth is I get seasick in the shower.


are you sure it isn't the hangover from the night before? Razz


Your not going fast enough..Search allofcraigslist for an Eliminator, Warlock, Shockwave, Carrera, Ultra, Sleekraft, Lavey, Cole, Nordic etc. You will find hand made custom boats that fit any budget and need. May need to trvel, but worth the price and trip. At a minimum you can sell it here for a sizable profit. Not many custom SO Cal boats in the PNW.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IROCDave
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 957
Location: Snohomish WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went out this afternoon, had agreat time time. Hre are a couple of pics of the new ride at the dock waiting for Lisa to back the trailer in.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jchaussee
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 1318
Location: renton


PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome and I be jeolous
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IROCDave
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 957
Location: Snohomish WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a similar boat for sale in California for 15K. The colors kinda suck, but hard to argue with 75 MPH speed, K planes, IMCO external stering etc. It's agreat deal, drive it for a year than sell it for 5K+ proffit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IROCDave
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 957
Location: Snohomish WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link to the boat for sale I mentioned. http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/boa/3033709312.html

If the mechanicals are in good shape this is a great deal. Notice the AZ reg? AZ's economy is in shambles right now. Great place to find stuff cheap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad luck on the reg # anyhow, man. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IROCDave
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 957
Location: Snohomish WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not scared of the number of the beast. Atleast not at that price.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IROCDave
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 957
Location: Snohomish WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this on a couple of boat forums and I guess it shows up as a dead link? When you guys click on it, does it show the ad along with pics?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jchaussee
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 1318
Location: renton


PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It worked as of wedsday.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group