| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
IROCDave Member
Joined: 16 Jan 2010 Posts: 957 Location: Snohomish WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:36 pm Post subject: |
|
|
The stars aligned today and Lisa,I, kids and my gigantor bro splashed the boat today. First impressions are man, it hauls ass. It seriously hauls ass. it sucks getting on plane but goes from 25 MPH to 75 in a matter of seconds then hits the rev limiter at 5100 RPM. It really needs a 28 - 30 pitched prop. Hate to lose that huge midrange punch but thats what it needs. We started off with a full tank of fuel ( 60 gallons) and about 1100 pounds of human cargo. 3 hours later the tank was half full and it felt much faster.
Last edited by IROCDave on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
IROCDave Member
Joined: 16 Jan 2010 Posts: 957 Location: Snohomish WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:07 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Couple of pics from Lake Washington today-
And my bro scaring the crap out of my kids....
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
QwkTrip 11sec Club

Joined: 17 Feb 2004 Posts: 3942 Location: Peoria, IL
1989 Pontiac Firebird
|
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:17 am Post subject: |
|
|
Good pics.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
blue89 Member

Joined: 23 May 2006 Posts: 3482 Location: Bellingham/Eugene
1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:07 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Wow, the water looks amazingly calm for Lake Washington. Glad you finally got it out! _________________
| Quote: | | Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth. |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Dewey316 The Lama

Joined: 08 Jan 2004 Posts: 7295 Location: Bringing the tech
1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:41 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Cool! If I didn't know better, I would like a boat. Between the cars and bikes, going fast on the water is the last thing I need to spend money on! But, it sure looks like you and the family had a good time. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
IROCDave Member
Joined: 16 Jan 2010 Posts: 957 Location: Snohomish WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:56 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| The water was rougher north of 520, perfect for launching off rollers and top speed runs. It was really cool to feel the hull steps work when trimming up. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
IROCDave Member
Joined: 16 Jan 2010 Posts: 957 Location: Snohomish WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:50 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| We plan to be on LW this Saturday afternoon, anyone want to go for a ride? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
IROCDave Member
Joined: 16 Jan 2010 Posts: 957 Location: Snohomish WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
jchaussee Member
Joined: 14 Nov 2010 Posts: 1318 Location: renton
|
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:59 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Oh man. That looked likr a good time. A guy whose son is in the same den as my son has the exact same boat as yours. Hopefully I will be able to talk him into a day outing this year. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
IROCDave Member
Joined: 16 Jan 2010 Posts: 957 Location: Snohomish WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:16 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| He has an Eliminator or an Active Thunder? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
jchaussee Member
Joined: 14 Nov 2010 Posts: 1318 Location: renton
|
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:20 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Elimiter. Exact twin of yours |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
IROCDave Member
Joined: 16 Jan 2010 Posts: 957 Location: Snohomish WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
IROCDave Member
Joined: 16 Jan 2010 Posts: 957 Location: Snohomish WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:17 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| jchaussee wrote: | | Elimiter. Exact twin of yours |
Cool, didnt know there were any other V bottom Eliminators up here. Everyone I have seen is a cat. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
IROCDave Member
Joined: 16 Jan 2010 Posts: 957 Location: Snohomish WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:06 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| jchaussee wrote: | | Elimiter. Exact twin of yours |
Can you do me a big favor and give the guy my email address? I would like to shoot the breeze with him. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
IROCDave Member
Joined: 16 Jan 2010 Posts: 957 Location: Snohomish WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:51 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| I think I found the guy that sold it to the guy you know. Is tha boat orange in the back, purple lightning strike and grey pinstripe? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
jchaussee Member
Joined: 14 Nov 2010 Posts: 1318 Location: renton
|
Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:55 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| I think he got from his parents or in laws. Itv is same color scheme as yours |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:33 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Dave, I think I lost your number but I'm pretty sure I just saw you going under the bridge into lake union. Boat looks awesome on the water! _________________
| Quote: | | Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth. |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
IROCDave Member
Joined: 16 Jan 2010 Posts: 957 Location: Snohomish WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:55 am Post subject: |
|
|
| We went through there around 4:30 Saturday. Where you on a boat or on the bank? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:53 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Exactly when I was going through the other direction on a 1941 chris craft. Did the parade thing early afternoon. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|