Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

drag radial preferences
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)


Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Posts: 9191
Location: Auburn , WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. The TB up front and a square plenum. The front is say 13:1, the middle about 12.5:1 and the rear about 12:1. Your WB reads 12.5:1.

This is from the Holley tuning engineer BTW.

Less problem on TBI of course with the injectors up top the "mixture" occures before the chamber.

_________________
A redline a day keeps the carbon away!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
chevymad
Master B


Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Posts: 5477


1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I would guess with the tb more central that would help the most. I just wouldnt have thought about a dry manifold having distribution problems. That from DougF?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Alphius
Peanut


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 2429
Location: Grand Mound

1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twilightoptics wrote:
Exactly. The TB up front and a square plenum. The front is say 13:1, the middle about 12.5:1 and the rear about 12:1. Your WB reads 12.5:1.

This is from the Holley tuning engineer BTW.

Less problem on TBI of course with the injectors up top the "mixture" occures before the chamber.


Maybe it's not as bad on some engines? I found this quote supposedly from someone at Holley...

Random dude on internet wrote:
This is a quote from a guy over at holley I had some contact with.

"I do know they have some distribution issues on the N/A applications but not enough to worry about.

I dynoed the Stealthram Vortec the other day with 8 widebands, non-adder, and at WOT the A/F was within .5 on every cylinder. Looked very good."


I do target WOT 13:1 on my motor and it loves it. I have targeted all the way from 11:1 WOT to 14:1 WOT and it feels better and crisper at around 13:1 than anywhere else. Although I have not made back-to-back pulls at different AFR to see how it really responds. Very Happy

On second thought Luke keep it safe, I don't think of blowing something up at 13:1 because I've run at least 10-15k on this setup with no problems, but sometimes I speak (or type) before I think it all the way through. Keep it in the 12's at WOT and you'll be fine.

Thanks for keeping me honest Paul... Razz

_________________
84 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56
85 Silverado - Low and Slow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
91camaro_rs
Member


Joined: 03 Dec 2008
Posts: 1712
Location: Fox Island, Wa

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buying the AEM wideband right now
_________________
Photobucket
'91 Camaro RS 5.7 TPI- 700r4- 3.27 posi- headers- chambered exhaust-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group