| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
DBL_TKE Member

Joined: 28 Feb 2007 Posts: 1505 Location: Aloha, OR
1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
|
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:38 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Make sure you get some U-bolts for those traction bars if you want them to be NHRA legal.  _________________ Richmond 3.73 posi| 36/24 sway bars | SLP LM2 | Koni's | Ground Control 800/200 | Y2K wheels | Dyno Don headers & Y-pipe | airfoil | BBK underdrive pulleys | Raised strut mounts | Extended ball joints | LCARB'S
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
chevymad Master B
Joined: 11 Jan 2004 Posts: 5477
1987 Pontiac Formula
|
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:56 pm Post subject: |
|
|
They dont like one Ubolt and 2 Tbolts per side eh? Might be awhile before I need to worry bout it. So far the car's still slow. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
chevymad Master B
Joined: 11 Jan 2004 Posts: 5477
1987 Pontiac Formula
|
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:40 pm Post subject: |
|
|
So I gave it an eyeball alignment and took it out for a test run a bit ago. Fun fun!
Bog is still there.. short of tightening down the secondary flap or replacing the pulloff.. not sure what else to do, so off it comes and on goes the holley.
Liftbars work like I thought.. no lean at all, no need for a sway bar. Really upped the spring rate too working with only half a leaf now. Can you say "drift car" ?
Brakes, only was able to break them in. Havent had time yet to give them a test. That and the pavements wet and slippery at the moment. But they feel real good.
Speaking about wet pavement.. 2nd gear sideways at 50mph after the carb quit bogging can create a bit of pucker factor. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
chevymad Master B
Joined: 11 Jan 2004 Posts: 5477
1987 Pontiac Formula
|
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:45 pm Post subject: |
|
|
So i've got the holley installed. Needs some tuning yet. This carb seems lean as well. Hope I'm not fighting another issue.
Also did a couple of more cosmetic things. Now that the holley is on I'm able to use the K&N style air filter. Things just been sitting around and the lid allready rusted up. So I powder coated it. Was supposed to match the intake, but instead it came out rough surface like the valve covers. Looks good though.
I've also had my Summit gauge trio stuffed in the map pocket of my console. There was no real way to actually fasten it down and if I ever got a firebird console instead of this camaro one they wouldnt fit. So I was eyeballing the a/c vents on my dashboard. They arent hooked up to anything and appeared to be the correct size.. Turns out, they fit perfect! Too bad there was only 2 of them. I ended up drilling a 3d hole for the voltmeter. I think it looks pretty good.
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|