Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So....Dyno day?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
1987_sportcoupe
Member


Joined: 08 Jul 2011
Posts: 246
Location: Tacoma, WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can get my motor together and in the car by then I would deffinatley come down. Don't know if I can fo that though Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:
The big question is...who can step up for hosting. I will likely not be able to take a weekend off for it.

BTW Steve e-mailed me asking about dates in March. So, I am happy to cordinate things with Steve, but some others will need to sort out the rest of the weekend.

--John


Well damn. I feared this last year but this year it looks like it might be a day only event. I don't mind cruising down for the day but I really enjoyed the cruise at the last dyno day. Was really hoping to hit another one.

_________________

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BluFbdy
Member


Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 915
Location: Port Orchard WA

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iansane wrote:
Dewey316 wrote:
The big question is...who can step up for hosting. I will likely not be able to take a weekend off for it.

BTW Steve e-mailed me asking about dates in March. So, I am happy to cordinate things with Steve, but some others will need to sort out the rest of the weekend.

--John


Well damn. I feared this last year but this year it looks like it might be a day only event. I don't mind cruising down for the day but I really enjoyed the cruise at the last dyno day. Was really hoping to hit another one.

Puget sound to Vancouver area is a hell of a cruise lol

_________________
If you expect a kick to the balls and get a slap to the face its still a victory
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cruise can still be done, everyone would just break for home afterwards. The issue is that people living farther North would be getting home very late.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DBL_TKE
Member


Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Posts: 1505
Location: Aloha, OR

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iansane wrote:
Dewey316 wrote:
The big question is...who can step up for hosting. I will likely not be able to take a weekend off for it.

BTW Steve e-mailed me asking about dates in March. So, I am happy to cordinate things with Steve, but some others will need to sort out the rest of the weekend.

--John


Well damn. I feared this last year but this year it looks like it might be a day only event. I don't mind cruising down for the day but I really enjoyed the cruise at the last dyno day. Was really hoping to hit another one.


Nonsense. Last year I went on the Port Townsend Cruise with my GTI. I left Portland at 5am, went straight to Seattle for the meetup. Then cruised on over to Port Townsend. Afterwards I took the scenic route down 101 then crossed over the I-5 for the remainder of the trip. I got home around 11pm after driving nearly 600 miles and still made it to work at 7am the next day. So yeah, no excuses. Razz

_________________
Richmond 3.73 posi| 36/24 sway bars | SLP LM2 | Koni's | Ground Control 800/200 | Y2K wheels | Dyno Don headers & Y-pipe | airfoil | BBK underdrive pulleys | Raised strut mounts | Extended ball joints | LCARB'S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Don't missunderstand me, I'll roll down in the AM and cruise after dyno. It doesn't bother me at all. But without a resident Portlandian host, who will design a cruise route? Smile
_________________

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BluFbdy
Member


Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 915
Location: Port Orchard WA

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we can all designate a route lol forums are cool like that do you wanna hit i5 straight out of Tacoma or take the scenic route and hit the 101 to end up back on the 5? Etc etc There's a ton of ways for us to go, someone just sketch up a route on Google maps or something and ill follow it
_________________
If you expect a kick to the balls and get a slap to the face its still a victory
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flea
Member


Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Posts: 1246
Location: Raymond WA

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you take the scenic route, you can swing by and pick me up. otherwise I'll cruise down there as a solo.
_________________
Killing mailboxes since 2009
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Al Hasse
Member


Joined: 19 Nov 2005
Posts: 4379
Location: Bremerton, WA

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I normally make that trip by taking Highway 3 through Belfair and Shelton, then connecting to I-5 just north of Olympia at about mile marker 104.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RSFreak
The other "John"


Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Posts: 2946
Location: Renton

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not staying over the night before means less drinking. Crying or Very sad

Last year was fun with the pizza and beer and then more beer and story telling at Dewey's place the night before. I will be there either way.

_________________
'86 Trans Am - 5.0L TPI - LT1 cam - 700R4 - WS6
'85 Camaro Berlinetta - IROC clone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
DBL_TKE
Member


Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Posts: 1505
Location: Aloha, OR

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy to help plan a route, any other PDX guys want to help out? Maybe even do a dry run? The only problem is that it's hard to plan a cruise with out an ending destination. Also, what an acceptable, comfortable length for a cruise for everyone? 20 miles? 50 miles? 100 miles? I'd offer up my place but I live in an apartment complex with crappy parking. My parents place has enough parking and a shop but they wouldn't be thrilled having 10 or so strangers sleeping over.
_________________
Richmond 3.73 posi| 36/24 sway bars | SLP LM2 | Koni's | Ground Control 800/200 | Y2K wheels | Dyno Don headers & Y-pipe | airfoil | BBK underdrive pulleys | Raised strut mounts | Extended ball joints | LCARB'S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)


Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Posts: 9191
Location: Auburn , WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

50-75miles is usually pretty decent ONCE you get to the route. I don't count I5 drive time as part of the cruise.
_________________
A redline a day keeps the carbon away!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dewey316
The Lama


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 7295
Location: Bringing the tech

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planning a route is easy, no worries there, and I can sure help out with anything that is needed. I just don't think that I can host.

Although, it looks like maybe my work schedule will be changing the first week of April. If we are willing to push it back by a month, then I will be able to host.

--John
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)


Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Posts: 9191
Location: Auburn , WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine with that. I might be moving in march anyway, so this would make it easier all around for me. Plus I haven't hung out with the Dew Meister in some time.
_________________
A redline a day keeps the carbon away!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
DBL_TKE
Member


Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Posts: 1505
Location: Aloha, OR

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think Dewey needs to start getting in on these meets. It doesnt matter to me when they date is set, I'll be there.
_________________
Richmond 3.73 posi| 36/24 sway bars | SLP LM2 | Koni's | Ground Control 800/200 | Y2K wheels | Dyno Don headers & Y-pipe | airfoil | BBK underdrive pulleys | Raised strut mounts | Extended ball joints | LCARB'S


Last edited by DBL_TKE on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RSFreak
The other "John"


Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Posts: 2946
Location: Renton

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be fine with pushing it back a month. Thats more time to sort out my car. Very Happy
_________________
'86 Trans Am - 5.0L TPI - LT1 cam - 700R4 - WS6
'85 Camaro Berlinetta - IROC clone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Dewey316
The Lama


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 7295
Location: Bringing the tech

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DBL_TKE wrote:
Yeah I think Dewey needs to start getting in on these meets.


LOL, I've missed one dyno in 12 years, and have been to every Cows...I think I do a pretty good job of making it to meets.

--John
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BluFbdy
Member


Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 915
Location: Port Orchard WA

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSFreak wrote:
I'd be fine with pushing it back a month. Thats more time to sort out my car. Very Happy


+1 plus it'll give me a chance to accrue some leave time lol

_________________
If you expect a kick to the balls and get a slap to the face its still a victory
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO You guy's keep this up we'll be having it the day before Cows.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RSFreak
The other "John"


Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Posts: 2946
Location: Renton

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:
LMAO You guy's keep this up we'll be having it the day before Cows.


is your car gonna be ready?! Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group