| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
flea Member

Joined: 25 Jul 2008 Posts: 1246 Location: Raymond WA
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:28 pm Post subject: |
|
|
See Aaron, you think you had perfect timing in mentioning that after he finished, but in truth my heater is blowing ice cold.  _________________ Killing mailboxes since 2009 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:41 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Well then by definition it's not a heater now is it?
And when are you two going to get that car done? Just because none of the junkyards around here have the right ECM/harness.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Al Hasse Member

Joined: 19 Nov 2005 Posts: 4379 Location: Bremerton, WA
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:44 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| aaron_sK wrote: | | Al Hasse wrote: | | Had to have heater core replaced |
Should have brought it out here Al. Would have been peanuts for me after the Volvo.  |
It wouldn't have made it that far. Couldn't see where I was going as it was Inside the car was fogged up before I started that morning... |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
flea Member

Joined: 25 Jul 2008 Posts: 1246 Location: Raymond WA
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:48 am Post subject: |
|
|
Car is back together and home. Ran like crap, hard to start was backfiring through the intake under load, missing when accelerating etc.
new cap, rotor and wires. timing is good new coil etc. only known problem was a 350 prom running a 305 engine. send that prom back waiting on a 305 to show up. Didnt make much sense to ignore that known problem and troubleshoot around it. _________________ Killing mailboxes since 2009 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Twilightoptics Hardcore (12sec Club)

Joined: 13 Jan 2004 Posts: 9191 Location: Auburn , WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:38 am Post subject: |
|
|
Re read what I said about the ls trans. _________________ A redline a day keeps the carbon away! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
nonsensekid20 Member
Joined: 30 Sep 2010 Posts: 490
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Twilightoptics Hardcore (12sec Club)

Joined: 13 Jan 2004 Posts: 9191 Location: Auburn , WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Overpriced.
Maybe $1300 for a rebuilt one. With the steel fork.
8-207
Damn they went up. LOL Used to be about $225.
It'll come with a bearing retainer and hardware. Bolts to your bell housing. Everything in your bell housing stays the same.
You should be able to use a 4th gen torque arm mount. _________________ A redline a day keeps the carbon away! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
nonsensekid20 Member
Joined: 30 Sep 2010 Posts: 490
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Al Hasse Member

Joined: 19 Nov 2005 Posts: 4379 Location: Bremerton, WA
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:33 pm Post subject: |
|
|
There is no such thing as an 82-02 torque arm.
That mount is from a veesix fourthgen.
Use your existing torque arm and use the torque arm mount from the T-56 you buy. Simple as that. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Al Hasse Member

Joined: 19 Nov 2005 Posts: 4379 Location: Bremerton, WA
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:36 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Or mount it off the tail shaft |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:38 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Al Hasse wrote: | | Or mount it off the tail shaft |
That is where the mount goes, Al.
Did you mean crossmember? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Al Hasse Member

Joined: 19 Nov 2005 Posts: 4379 Location: Bremerton, WA
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:10 pm Post subject: |
|
|
I think you know what I meant, but let me fix it anyway...
"Or mount the torque arm off the tail shaft with a cross member."  _________________ 92 Camaro
89 Camaro
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
nonsensekid20 Member
Joined: 30 Sep 2010 Posts: 490
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:24 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Hahaha I know there's no such thing, that's why I was confused. OH. my bad. Sorry I thought you meant I needed the whole torque arm.
And this may be a dumb question, but what's the dampner for?
I saw one on ebay for like 1300. Didn't look like it had the steel fork. I have to save up money anyway so I'll keep a lookout. Maybe just start buying parts piece by piece. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:34 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| nonsensekid20 wrote: | | this may be a dumb question, but what's the dampner for? |
It's for the catalytic converter mount. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
nonsensekid20 Member
Joined: 30 Sep 2010 Posts: 490
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:42 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| I don't have cats. And if I'm bolting my old bellhousing to the tranny, why do I need the steel fork with the t56? Do I have the wrong part in mind? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:02 pm Post subject: |
|
|
3-4 fork not clutch release fork!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
nonsensekid20 Member
Joined: 30 Sep 2010 Posts: 490
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:17 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Lol. See that's why I asked. That's the fork I thought he was talking about and evidently, it's not.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|