| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
blue89 Member

Joined: 23 May 2006 Posts: 3482 Location: Bellingham/Eugene
1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:11 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| I drive 35 miles one way. Good thing the e30 gets 30 mpg. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
rjmcgee The Hammer

Joined: 08 Jan 2004 Posts: 2328
|
Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:32 pm Post subject: |
|
|
If you get around 18 mpg that is $4375 in gas for 50 weeks out of the year.
I drove 730 miles today.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
alloy T56 Elitist

Joined: 25 Jan 2004 Posts: 1716 Location: Vancouver, WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:17 am Post subject: |
|
|
I accepted the one in north plains today. I negotiated a 4 day work week, and full insurance after 90 days. Since I went through a temp agency to get this job usually it takes 90 days to be a direct hire, then 90 more for insurance. If this works out I might just move closer to the job.
The gal at the agency told me today they picked me out of 7 candidates to interview and they really wanted me. That felt pretty good I'll tell you.
Guess old guys can actually still get work these days  _________________ Member of the "Elite T56 Club" , big brake club, and "burgundy" (not red or maroon) car owner.
www.t5cablespeedometer.com
www.t56cablespeedometer.com
Ronald Reagan: "Most of us wonder if our lives made any difference. Marines don't have that problem." |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
QwkTrip 11sec Club

Joined: 17 Feb 2004 Posts: 3942 Location: Peoria, IL
1989 Pontiac Firebird
|
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:40 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Hey, congratulations! I know age can feel like a disadvantage when you're competing for a job, but it's really not a disadvantage at all. Can't make substitute for experience and good work history! It counts for a lot! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
alloy T56 Elitist

Joined: 25 Jan 2004 Posts: 1716 Location: Vancouver, WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:38 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Well my first day is over. Wow.............I'm beat. Spent 10 hours in front of a Bridgeport mill cutting tool steel. And tomorrow will be the same.
Another day, another dollar I guess  _________________ Member of the "Elite T56 Club" , big brake club, and "burgundy" (not red or maroon) car owner.
www.t5cablespeedometer.com
www.t56cablespeedometer.com
Ronald Reagan: "Most of us wonder if our lives made any difference. Marines don't have that problem." |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
alloy T56 Elitist

Joined: 25 Jan 2004 Posts: 1716 Location: Vancouver, WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:57 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Well tomorrow is my Friday. Can't come too soon. They have been trying to kill me for the past 3 days. If I ever use another Bridgeport mill it will be too soon. I think it's the "try to kill the new guy and see if he can take it game"
But tomorrow I get to run machine more my style. This is a much easier job thankfully
 _________________ Member of the "Elite T56 Club" , big brake club, and "burgundy" (not red or maroon) car owner.
www.t5cablespeedometer.com
www.t56cablespeedometer.com
Ronald Reagan: "Most of us wonder if our lives made any difference. Marines don't have that problem." |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|