Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

some time spent in my little shop of horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

90droptoproc wrote:
2000*F Very Happy


Shocked

Can I send you some manifolds?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
90droptoproc
Member


Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 490


1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure Ian

I would double check that number they told ya Al, all the chrome ceramics I can buy are 1200* not 1300*

and ya, all but one of my other ceramics are 2000*

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Al Hasse
Member


Joined: 19 Nov 2005
Posts: 4379
Location: Bremerton, WA

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took those numbers right off their site. Check the exhaust coatings tab across the top.

http://www.performancecoatings.com/index2.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)


Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Posts: 9191
Location: Auburn , WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had 2000DEGF coatings not last on a diesel pushing 50psi pulling the pass.

Hell, the 2000F coating on my header on the mazda from Columbia Coatings, faded emensely the first time I ran the car because the exhaust is so much hotter than a piston engine.

_________________
A redline a day keeps the carbon away!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
90droptoproc
Member


Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 490


1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it all depends on prep and how it was cured originally, and not going over 2000* lol, and unfortunatly they dont consider discoloring a failure like the rest of us do, so it is still on the parts and they aren't rusting??? that is considered withstanding the temp lol.

I know alot of the hotrod guys have the 1200* chrome ceramic dull and fade at the first turn in the primaries just like you are discribing, but they still decrease engine bay temp and resist rusting just the same

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
90droptoproc
Member


Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 490


1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also an idea on you mazda, who did the actual coating??? most coaters, (myself included) do a partial cure on the ceremic that is strong enough to handle bolting onto the engine and some handling, but it is not fully cured till it gets brought up to engine temp, so the original color(like my pics) will still dull out more to the desired color once it fully cures. when I first apply the ceramic it is gloss, and only flattens out thru the curing cycle... so maybe(not having seen pics, so I'm just guessing) they are not damaged, but just properly cured now


and Al, that is cool, I havnt seen a chrome that can handle that heat, I may have to track down their supplier and try it out lol

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
90droptoproc
Member


Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 490


1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more matte black ceramic, turbo hot sides this time




_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
90droptoproc
Member


Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 490


1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iansane wrote:
Those look cool. Shocked

You should do a carbon upper windshield trim/first convertible top bow. Both mine are broken. Embarassed



it looks like all these parts are already being reproduced, was it the cost you guys didnt like or the materials??
or am I missing something here???

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/convertiblecomponents.aspx

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually didn't know they were being repop'd. Last time I checked was years ago. Are those repops or used ones?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
91RSVert
Member


Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2736
Location: AR

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I didnt know any where being made either.

I also see no notch for the handle when its over in locked position like the factorys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

91RSVert wrote:
I also see no notch for the handle when its over in locked position like the factorys.


Are your latches on the windshield? Mine are on the top itself. This #1 bow cover has them?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
91RSVert
Member


Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2736
Location: AR

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine are on the top itself, yes.

I'm not seeing them in that pic? If it does have them, its sure not heavly notched like the "oem" part.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I need to look at mine closer then. Laughing I just assumed the cutouts were for the handles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
91RSVert
Member


Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2736
Location: AR

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the cut-out is for the locking part of the latch. Then there is a "bump down" for the handle when its in lock position. Go back n look at the pic I posted.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
90droptoproc
Member


Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 490


1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad I found em before I put to much time in Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
90droptoproc
Member


Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 490


1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrome powdercoated turbo cold sides





parts ready for pick-up


d16y8 valve cover in metallic silver with high gloss black script
b18a valve cover in prismatic blue






_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
90droptoproc
Member


Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 490


1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some 4.3 marine manifolds



and a dodge deisel valve cover and pulley all in high gloss black



_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
blue89
Member


Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 3482
Location: Bellingham/Eugene

1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are all these pictures in the kitchen of your old new place? Hehe. Wish I could have seen it before I moved out of state.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
90droptoproc
Member


Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 490


1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, in the kitchen
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
blue89
Member


Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 3482
Location: Bellingham/Eugene

1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had a powdercoating oven. Yet another piece of garage equipment I don't have room for and would seldom ever use...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group