Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Its Turbo time...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dewey316
The Lama


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 7295
Location: Bringing the tech

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miracles do happen...I actually went and worked on the car, and look what happened....

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)


Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Posts: 9191
Location: Auburn , WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn! I though it had tenure!
_________________
A redline a day keeps the carbon away!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 4417
Location: Gresham, OR

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hubba Hubba Helga!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jchaussee
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 1318
Location: renton


PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So reading your comments about beamer dudes. So does a 7 series get to be in the prick club?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless it's an E23 then yes. Razz

I am looking forward to seeing the car that cannot be dynoed in person, John. How have the shakedown runs been going?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jchaussee
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 1318
Location: renton


PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet. I,am looking at a 2000 740 for 2000. I need big for my herd of kids, but I still enjoy being a prick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jchaussee wrote:
2000 740



jchaussee wrote:
for 2000



You are truly a masochist, Jeremiah. No no no...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jchaussee
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 1318
Location: renton


PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you say that . Lol. It's in good shape. This kid I know is about to have it rrepoed for 1800. I told him I pay it off and kick him down 200 extra. Throw some dubs on it and ill be big pimpin. Lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dewey316
The Lama


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 7295
Location: Bringing the tech

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:
John. How have the shakedown runs been going?


Good, its running well. Needs innercooler and tuning done yet. I had some problems initially, but found I was hitting the overboost cut, so upped that, and it runs fine. It doesn't really like cold starting, but otherwise it is completely driveable.

I have to fix some wiring yet for the coolant temp guage, and either the sender unit is done, or the float is stuck for the fuel guage. Those are really the last couple little things to work out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot about that car having no factory FMIC. How much boost does it take before the inevitable hot air power losses?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dewey316
The Lama


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 7295
Location: Bringing the tech

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:
I forgot about that car having no factory FMIC. How much boost does it take before the inevitable hot air power losses?


I have it running about 12psi now, runs fine, I am sure I am giving up a lot with heat from it.

It will be running around at dyno, hopefully with intercooler in, and a bit more boost and a better tune.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my intercooler-less Ford I have found severely diminishing returns above about 7psi. Anything past ten and I really start to feel it fall on it's face, then the Pyro starts to spike. Laughing

Do you think you'll be able to fit an off-the-shelf unit behind the bumper?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dewey316
The Lama


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 7295
Location: Bringing the tech

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shoudl be able to, it won't be big, but something like a 19x6x3 or 3.5 should fit.

I'll have more info next week, friend is calling in a favor of another friend, to see about getting a custom fit setup made.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DBL_TKE
Member


Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Posts: 1505
Location: Aloha, OR

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah, it moves! That's awesome!
_________________
Richmond 3.73 posi| 36/24 sway bars | SLP LM2 | Koni's | Ground Control 800/200 | Y2K wheels | Dyno Don headers & Y-pipe | airfoil | BBK underdrive pulleys | Raised strut mounts | Extended ball joints | LCARB'S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:
Miracles do happen...I actually went and worked on the car, and look what happened....


Why did you have it towed to a parking lot? Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group