Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It doesn't look like much, but it's a baaaaad ride.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting outcome....

I did a quick wash of the car today and it looks soooo much better! It's really not that bad after all. It also doesn't hurt that the car received a set of 18" black Z06 rims today. 9.5" wide up front and 10.5" wide out back. Wheels came with Kumho summer extreme performance tires and all I can say is they are SLICK AS SNOT in 35F ambient temperature! I guess I'll have to wait until warm weather to drive the car with any kind of confidence.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blue89
Member


Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 3482
Location: Bellingham/Eugene

1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are you keeping the camaro or firebird?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Driving the Camaro until I tear it down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
83Z28BlackBetty
Bam-Ba-Lam


Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 2083
Location: Aloha

1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under the hood of every great bird is the heart of a camaro...

-Jake

_________________
1983 Z-28 5.7 LT1, T56, Headman headers, BW 9 Bolt Posi Disc, WS6 suspension
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa.... I just found this car. That is a good price for a car like that. Too bad it wasn't available a few weeks ago.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-classifieds/1381035-2000-ws6-tsp-ls2.html

But what is it with people who can't clean up the car before taking pictures? Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

83Z28BlackBetty wrote:
Under the hood of every great bird is the heart of a camaro...

-Jake


Squint I think Texas is making you loco.

_________________

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dewey316
The Lama


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 7295
Location: Bringing the tech

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iansane wrote:
83Z28BlackBetty wrote:
Under the hood of every great bird is the heart of a camaro...

-Jake


Squint I think Texas is making you loco.


Yeah, his is out of a CHEVY pickup. Get it right.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically it was a GMC. Laughing
_________________

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they can call a Trans Am a "Super Duty" then I think it's fair that I use a GMC engine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chevymad
Master B


Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Posts: 5477


1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically pontiac had the ls motors (real poncho's) and Super Duty's before any chevy or ford ever used the terms.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
blue89
Member


Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 3482
Location: Bellingham/Eugene

1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, mine came out of a truck too....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Now I remember how fun it is to scare imports Reply with quote

Replaced an O2 sensor and took the Camaro for another spin today. It was 35F degrees but the tires seemed to stick a little better and the car ran a lot better. I'm a much braver driver now so a bit of fish tail here and there isn't bothering me. But traction control is still my friend until the pavement warms up and the tires stick.

The cam is pretty big so every time I go from a stop I have to rev it up to keep from bogging or killing the engine. This definitely makes for a lot of tire spin in this cold weather and people think I'm racing. Wink But the car is so quick that while driving normal it still walks away from most other cars. At part throttle I dusted off a Honda Civic SI Type R whatever majig (it was black and donned bright red badging advertising it was fast) . The guy then proceeded to run through traffic to catch up and then tail gate me down a residential street at 25 MPH. It's been a looooong time since I wielded this kind of power so what the heck.... Very Happy .... I romped the throttle for an instant in 2nd gear, the car spun tires and fish tailed, the exhaust wailed, and I jumped a car length ahead in an instant. The Honda guy backed off immediately and calmed down. Now I remember how fun it is to scare imports. Laughing I have a feeling my "slow" thirdgen is going to bait a lot more prey than this 4th gen. Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 4417
Location: Gresham, OR

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup yup
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SlackerTA
Member


Joined: 20 Dec 2010
Posts: 123
Location: Gresham, OR


PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are an evil man... and I approve completely! Twisted Evil
_________________
'91 Firebird - LO3, 700R4, 2.73 gears
'85 Trans Am - SOLD
'95 Z28 - SOLD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RSFreak
The other "John"


Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Posts: 2946
Location: Renton

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you're having fun with that 4thgen! Very Happy
_________________
'86 Trans Am - 5.0L TPI - LT1 cam - 700R4 - WS6
'85 Camaro Berlinetta - IROC clone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! The car runs even better now that I replaced the correct O2 sensor. Smack!

The first sensor must have been a placebo. Thumbs up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got a chance to shoot a picture. Just a basic black Z with 18x10.5 on the back, 18x9.5 on the front. Oh, and the obligatory purple window tint.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A rain cleaned off the roads a bit and I finally got to stand on the throttle today. I'm still unfamiliar with the car so I accidently got a little crazy in 1st gear and left a standing cloud of smoke off my tires. You know how you get in a zone and don't really pay attention? Ya. That was me. Anyway, it spun quite a bit again through 2nd but the car accelerated and went straight as an arrow. Had to let off at the top of 2nd gear but for the first time I finally got to feel it pull to 7000 RPM. If I had hit 3rd in the same way I think the car would have hooked and took off from 60 MPH.

After I had my fun I look in my rear view mirror and there is a guy in a Fast 'n Furious looking Volkswagen going as fast as he can trying to catch up with me. Laughing so hard it hurts I was kind of wishing he had finished the job and caught me because I would have found a worthy occasion to find out what 3rd gear will do. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group