| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
QwkTrip 11sec Club

Joined: 17 Feb 2004 Posts: 3942 Location: Peoria, IL
1989 Pontiac Firebird
|
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:29 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Okay, I just have to know why you were at a Volvo gathering? I can't believe nobody else asked yet. I mean, that has to be one of the strangest things ever said on this board. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:36 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Over on this coast we drive Vulvos with torbos.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Quasi-Traction "I have petals"

Joined: 24 Oct 2005 Posts: 3873 Location: stumptown
1986 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta
|
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:36 pm Post subject: |
|
|
I'm friends with some guy's from a company called R-sport International. They tune and modify 1, 2, 7, and 9 series Volvo's.
http://www.r-sportinternational.com/
My best Friend Rob actually has helped build some of the parts they sell. _________________
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
QwkTrip 11sec Club

Joined: 17 Feb 2004 Posts: 3942 Location: Peoria, IL
1989 Pontiac Firebird
|
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:38 pm Post subject: |
|
|
The demand has to be so high I'll bet they can hardly make them fast enough.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Quasi-Traction "I have petals"

Joined: 24 Oct 2005 Posts: 3873 Location: stumptown
1986 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta
|
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:44 pm Post subject: |
|
|
The advantage is that most of the ones that are 20+ years old don't end up in the junkyards. Its like the volvo community has their own "green" recycling plan.
That being said...I've sent 1 volvo to a junkyard, but there wasn't much of it left by the time it got there. _________________
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RSFreak The other "John"

Joined: 23 Jan 2004 Posts: 2946 Location: Renton
1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:37 pm Post subject: |
|
|
My GF's S40 2.0L turbo is actually pretty quick!  _________________ '86 Trans Am - 5.0L TPI - LT1 cam - 700R4 - WS6
'85 Camaro Berlinetta - IROC clone
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:45 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| RSFreak wrote: | My GF's S40 2.0L turbo is actually pretty quick!  |
180awhp out of a turbo'd 5 cyl @ 10psi... It feels so much faster than that. I think something is amiss. _________________
| Quote: | | Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth. |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:46 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| QwkTrip wrote: | | Okay, I just have to know why you were at a Volvo gathering? I can't believe nobody else asked yet. I mean, that has to be one of the strangest things ever said on this board. |
You've never met Dirty Steve. Entertainment has no bounds.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Dewey316 The Lama

Joined: 08 Jan 2004 Posts: 7295 Location: Bringing the tech
1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:05 am Post subject: |
|
|
| iansane wrote: | | QwkTrip wrote: | | Okay, I just have to know why you were at a Volvo gathering? I can't believe nobody else asked yet. I mean, that has to be one of the strangest things ever said on this board. |
You've never met Dirty Steve. Entertainment has no bounds.  |
Most of us have learned...when Dirty Steve is involved, we don't dare ask questions. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
QwkTrip 11sec Club

Joined: 17 Feb 2004 Posts: 3942 Location: Peoria, IL
1989 Pontiac Firebird
|
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:34 am Post subject: |
|
|
| So what's the story behind the dirty nickname? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RSFreak The other "John"

Joined: 23 Jan 2004 Posts: 2946 Location: Renton
1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:20 am Post subject: |
|
|
| QwkTrip wrote: | | So what's the story behind the dirty nickname? |
A fondness for mud bogging! Maybe something to do with personal hygene as well, but Ian would know better than me. _________________ '86 Trans Am - 5.0L TPI - LT1 cam - 700R4 - WS6
'85 Camaro Berlinetta - IROC clone
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Dewey316 The Lama

Joined: 08 Jan 2004 Posts: 7295 Location: Bringing the tech
1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:55 am Post subject: |
|
|
| QwkTrip wrote: | | So what's the story behind the dirty nickname? |
We can't really tell you, this is a family friendly forum....or maybe that gives you a hint. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Schultzy89GTA M.R.A. (11sec Club)

Joined: 08 Jan 2004 Posts: 4417 Location: Gresham, OR
1989 Pontiac GTA
|
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:18 pm Post subject: |
|
|
 
Last edited by Schultzy89GTA on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:29 pm Post subject: |
|
|
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|