Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

305tbi to 350 carb swap

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dankamusk

1988 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: 305tbi to 350 carb swap Reply with quote

Hi I have a built 350 im looking to put in my 88 tbi camaro anybody have any experiance with doing this? Also can you regulate the stock in tank pump down to 7 psi for carb? I will be running HEI distributor and am also swapping in a built th350 out for the 700r4 with the b&M tourqe arm kit anybody used it?
RSFreak
The other "John"

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the pump can be regulated down for a carb. I asked the same question on TGO a few years ago when I had a TBI. Not sure if you still need to make it a return system or if the pump can dead-head without damaging it. Confused
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has to be a return type regulator. Other then that no problem. The th350 gets rid of the tcc problem and the hei takes care of the ignition.. should be good to go. The computer has nothing to do with the gauges.. so they'll still work.

I had a th350 but it had the gm adapter tailshaft. So I have no experience with the B&M kit. I think twilightoptics used the kit once. Maybe a search waaay back before he went clutch would turn something up. Seems like there was a problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: