Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

informal meet and greet in Bothell / Snohomish CO 9/4/10...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IROCDave

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: informal meet and greet in Bothell / Snohomish CO 9/4/10... Reply with quote

Every Saturday evening there is a gathering of car enthuisists that gathers in the Albertsons parking lot at the top of Clearview hill. ( HWY 9) . My brother has invited members of the local LSX and GTO forums and the CC to meet up there tomorrow night Saturday 9/4/10. He said he has commitments from 12 people. Anyone from this forum is also invited and more than welcome.
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How late does it go? I don't get off until 915 or so. Still be up there around then?
IROCDave

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian, to bad you couldnt make it. We met up at Speed Secrets ( Ellis Groo's shop) at 3:30 then headed up to Clearview. There were 5 SS Camaro's, 3 4th gen T/A's, 2 GTO's and of course my lowly IROC. There werent that many cars there, guess the weather and the Husky game kept it to a low roar.

One of the late model T/A's had a 408 with an F1 SC that made 800+ RWHP. The 2nd nastiest ride was a blue 2002 SS with a NA 408 that runs 11.17's. One guy ( not in our group ) had a heavely modded 87 GN.
Usually there are about 15 late model Mustangs that hang out there but not tonight. About 6 of them drove through, stared at the late model GM stuff then buggied.

Right after we pulled in we heard the sound of a mild big block muffled by a set of flowmasters. The guy came around the corner smoking the tires on his 1970 metallic blue Challenger RT. The owner was a classic Mopar guy, cowboy hat, big ass cigar hanging out the side of his mouth, wearring jeans, hawian funeral shirt and shizzle kickers.He had a 50+ YO blond with big um, well you know, hanging all over him to. She sat on the hood of his car the hole time like she was the poster chick for Hurst shifters. It was classic.
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Yeah, I rolled up there after I got off work but of course no one was there. Maybe next time. Sounds like the GM showed in full force tonight. Did someone tip off the ford group? Very Happy
IROCDave

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, thats what it seemed like. There are a couple of fast Mustangs that hang out there, but most are just stock 96 - 08 GT's. The fast Mustangs that come to mind - early 90's fox body saleen with a 351 and SC'ed, lat model SC'ed saleen, 66 fast back with a stroked 351 ( 412 rings a bell?) with a tko 5 speed. Every once in a while a ratty looking early Corvette pulls in. It's tubbed and has an old school roots SC ontop of a big small block. I remember the car from the Herphy's (sp?) hamburger joint hangout in Everete from the early 90's. It ran low 10's at the time. There is a 70 - 73 pro street camaro that shows up every once in a while also. That car took out the corvette at one of the Herphy's street races one Saturday night. It wasnt painted at the time, it's now painted light metalic blue.
IROCDave

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This explaines what happened to the Mustang crowd. http://lsxnation.net/showthread.php?11321-Clearview-Cruise-in

I havent met the OP but used to see his Mustang and his dads Fairlane all the time cruising around my old neighborhood.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Event Calendar All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: