Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crazy Mountain Rally Attendance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you coming????
Oh yeah!!
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
Nope, the date sucks and your Beer is to strong
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich,
I am all for coming up there if we have a weekend planned. As much as I like hanging out, bench racing and drinking beers I can do that without a 5.5 hour drive each way, a day off work and the related expense Wink.

Let's get a firm agenda together and I'll be up (if my car is back together lol).

Thanks,

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with stupid
Al Hasse

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

90droptoproc wrote:
any ideas about food and such? will we just eat out the entire weekend or what?
anyhow, post people, I am way to excited to get to bring the bird out with fellow thirdgenners

I'm not against eating out, since Saturday appears to be pretty busy, it might be a good way to relax a bit. However, I am willing to bring some stuff up if need be.
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here... I'm pretty easy, just ask around Wink

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schultzy89GTA wrote:
same here... I'm pretty easy, just ask around Wink

Shocked

yeah, i am up for bringing stuff. or eating at an establishment. whatever.
90droptoproc

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok we will plan on purchasing our food here then (it is a bit difficult to get some foods thru the border anyhow)
I will be laying out an agenda as soon as Dan gets back to me like he said he would hopefully it will all be finalized by this sunday.

At this point most of the agenda is planned and ready for your aproval, I just need Dans input on the route side of things before I can post it all for you guys

M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggzellent!

I am looking forward to the cruise. Do we need funny money or will the locals be happy to screw us on the exchange rate? Very Happy

Canada

-Schultzy
90droptoproc

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's up to you Mike, around langley you can get exchange no problem, not so sure farthur out (during the cruise)
but you will get a REALLY shitty exchange anyhow, so your call

Hardcore (12sec Club)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only ever gotten $$ out of the international bank in Tswassen which gives you a pretty good exchange rate, and you just use the atm.
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

When I was in London, I just took money out of my ATM, bank gave me whatever the actual exchange rate was at that time. Only extra you might end up paying, is transaction fee's, for using an ATM that isn't from your bank, etc.

--John
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once things are figured out for our itinteray we should set a meeting place for those caravaning so that we can rendezvu after the boarder. Likely chance we'll get split up, and in a pack that someone gets searched. It's also very expensive for those of us with US cell phones, to talk on Roger's Wireless in Canadia.

A suitible bank would be nice also.

And a basic fact for those who many not be familiar with boarding crossings:

IE no meat, booze, etc. Paperwork, etc.
90droptoproc

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRUISE ITINERARY

Friday:
Dan and myself will meet everyone who is caravaning at the Peace arch/Peace portal crossing (follow the I-5 all the way till it stops) at a pre set time (you guys will have to sort the time out between yourselves)
for those that show up on there own time call MY cell (604-825-3660) when you are about 20 minutes from the border(around exit 260) and I will go or send someone to get you, if you call that far away from the border you shouldn't be roaming and it will be cheaper for you

once the majority of us are together we will all head to the Java Hut car show for some quality car time, then head out to boston pizza for a late dinner

after dinner we can all move to my wifes parents property to crash for the night

Saturday:

my beautiful wife has offered to make us a french toast breakfast
and then once that has settled we can get on our way for the cruise
(Dan and I have talked over the phone, he will be organizing the route as planned originally, and posting as soon as he gets near a computer)
lunch will be sorted out mid trip, to find a cool place for us all
when we all get back with no incidents we can all head out to the local drive-in movie theatre(try to have a working FM radio) and we can eat dinner there(the food is quite good and very affordable)
after 2 or 3 movies we can head back to the farm for the night

Sunday:

when we get up we can mosey out to Dan's shop where he has some cool EARLY iron for us to look at, food will be provided at Dan's if necessary
then everyone can head out when ever they wish, guidance back to the border will of course be provided.

PRICE BREAKDOWN:
Java Hut $free$
Boston Pizza $15 per person and up (takes all major debit/credit cards, at the current exchange rate)
french toast breakfast $free$
Gas for cruise $you'll have to figure that out on your own, most stations take all cards)
Drive-in $11 per person for up to three movies (CANADIAN CASH ONLY, no cards or american funds) same with dinner at the theatre burgers about $3.50 fries about $2.75 and so on

also Dan has made a good point, is there anyone who is coming that get exceptionally bad gas milage that we might need to know about for the cruise?

if we can get a close number for how many are coming it would be great so we know how much food we need to buy and such.
also pack blankets or something to sleep on.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That basicly sums all of the general plan up. I will be in attendance, not sure of what car I'll be in though.

As for the cruise, I know there was some talk of ground clearance on some of the vehicles; can't really think of any problem areas but then again my cars aren't that low. Almost every road we'll be one is going to be highway 80km speed limit so you should be fine. As Rich mentioned above, if your car really sucks the gas make sure you let us know. When you're between towns in some areas your sort of out of luck.

Sunday is going to be over at my house. I've talked with my dad and he said he would make sure we had some interesting vehicles for you guys to look at. At least three pre-1915 cars and a wrecked 88 vert are on the menu right now. I'll also put together some sort of bbq lunch for those who want to stick around and shoot the breeze.

Feel free to call my cell if when your coming down if there are any problems. 604-817-7538

z28redline
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool guys. Sounds like a fun weekend - looking forward to it.

-Schultzy
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, i can't believe this is next weekend allready....

so portland/vancouver guys... when are we heading out, and where from?
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Friday off but still not finalized on the plan. Master B is now considering joining us up North. Waiting to see if he is taking the wife and the Formula or if he needs a ride to determine when I leave. Fish is looking for a ride up. I think between the three of us (Tony, Paul, Mike) we should be able to give him a ride. Any other Seattle area guys going up besides Fish and Al? Ian where are you?

I'm sure we will get it all figured out within the next day or two.

-Schultzy
Al Hasse

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Friday off too. Let me know what time you guys plan on leaving. That way I can meet you at the rest area at SeaTac at exit 140, just a bit north of Tacoma.
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good Al. yeah, i can give fish a ride again, he was a fun passanger.
90droptoproc

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as what you will need to know for the border
all I can think of will be writen here, feel free to add things if I miss them

you will need 2 pieces of ID I use my DL and my birth certificate, I know some people use a passport but I don't have one yet

make sure all your possesions are in the car YOU are in
we once went thru on a previos trip to Demon's one crew member was in my car with his backpack in the car behind us, we both got pulled in and checked out, for how easy it is, it just isnt worth the hassle in my mind

meat, fruit, and veggies are not aloud past the border either way

take off sunglasses and hats before the border, and turn off your stereo (I travel across the border an average of about once a month and have noticed a big difference with these simple curtices (SP?)

not that it should be a problem, but you cannot carry more then $10,000 across without filling a bunch of extra paper work

the rest is common sence, be nice and friendly and they normally are the same, worst case seems to be they send you inside, waste half an hour of your life, search your car, make you fill out papers where you are going, and then send you on your way anyhow Laughing

incase there is a problem feel free to put my name and address for your location for the weekend I will put it at the bottom of this post

it is not the exact address of where we will be, but it is my home addy if they llok it up

keep this on a paper in your car incase they ask you

Richard Schick
20141 49A ave
Langley, BC
Canada
v3a 3s2
(604)825-3660

Hardcore (12sec Club)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure on mountain roads, but I think I should be able to get around 200miles on a tank. Around 17mpg I'm going to guess driving through mountain roads.

Much better than 145miles then poof out of gas with the automatic!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Event Calendar All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: