Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The future of CC...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject: The future of CC... Reply with quote

Well guys, the boards seem to be less and less and less used as time goes by. Nov is when the yearly web hosting renewal comes up.

At this point, considering the lack of use, I am trying to come up with any reasons to not let the website fade out, and maybe continue on Facebook, or see if someone with more time and willingness to put the effort in, is willing to usher the CC name into the future, and determine what medium that takes on.

Please share your feedback, and ideas. Part of me will be very sad the day the crew doesn't have a real home. We have had a good run, going on 20 years now. I hope to see the legacy continue and evolve with the new world and maybe it will kick off a reboot of gatherings and get-togethers, and build some forward momentum.

--John

"Ever see a Motorcycle in front of a Psychiatrists Office?" Me neither
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
QwkTrip
11sec Club

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use Facebook or other social sites. Not because I'm old fashioned, but for cyber security reasons, and privacy.

I would miss this site for sure. But it has been deader than a door knob this year.
rjmcgee
The Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sad, lots of great memories.
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd hate to lose all the info and history on here. But as can be seen by the replies this place is dead. I think we failed to step up our facebook presence at the right time. Now the newbies that should have been here are there with their own groups. Not much to do about it now. Our "elder" crew isn't doing any get togethers anymore either.

There will be a backup that can be fired up on a home server to access all this info won't there? Lots of vids, pics, history etc to lose.
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the webhosting doesn't cost **that** much, it would be less hassle than trying to run a webserver on my home PC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to keep it running. Just to access the info if ever wanted/needed.
QwkTrip
11sec Club

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This place is some of the only proof that I have worked on my car. Laughing
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not opposed to reviving the Crew if there is interest. Seemed like most stopped doing anything with their cars and/or interested in getting together.

Some of my best times have been with you knuckleheads. Skyler and Derek seem to still be going strong. Rich is getting into a lot of car shows. I went with him to North Bonneville show last summer and it was a blast.

Let's see what kind of interest there is.

Is Master B even planning on keeping the thirdgen?

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be down to get together again. I was the ONLY one that went to Rods and Reels this year. Smile That said, we could easily continue the group on Facebook, even if that did mean loosing one or two of our security minded members.

That said, I run a FB group for my tabletop gaming community, and we have a few people that have created profiles with almost NO info on them. All they use them for is posting on our group, and they have no photo, real name, or identifying info. FB does not allow fake names, but they have to know. So if you never post your real name, and your fake name sounds like a real name, you should be fine.

fiveoformula

1988 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still into my third gen, probably always will be. And you guys have helped me upgrade it and keep it going for years. Plus I always have an awesome time hanging out at the meets. Great people, great cars, great fun. Wish it hasn't been slowing down so much around here. The Facebook thing is pretty convenient.
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John's been ponying up for years to keep this going. If we all want it to continue, we need send him the fee at very least.

I check it regularly but alas no thirdgen and it has died off. A lot of us are onto other projects these days. It happens.

I agree with Brandon, I reference this place for information quite often so having access would be nice, but I understand the PITA of that.

QwkTrip
11sec Club

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much does it cost?
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love you guys! Very Happy

I think I'm just a consistent lurker, no matter the medium. I peruse but hardly post. I'd love to hang out with you guys more. Some great memories.

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QwkTrip wrote:
How much does it cost?

Its not a lot, its about $100 a year for the domain registration and web hosting and database.

In terms, that is equivalent to 2 cups of coffee a month at $bucks. I have no problem with the cost if its getting use, but, since Jan 1 of this year, there have only been posts in 22 threads. That is pretty low use. But if we found ways to get things moving again, and the boards and website are getting use, I am happy to keep the lights on, so to say.
Richster
Magic Fingers

1983 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been a great site; I have met many awesome folks, who are now very close friends.
I believe it’s like anything else, change happens, different projects and interests.
Schultzy mentioned shows and that is where my interest is at, and I attend most of the local shows, always a great time and anyone is welcome, and it’s a very diverse group of friends and rides that go.
If there is an interest I am happy to post dates and times, it would be great to have others rolling!
Also, it doesn’t matter if your ride is in the project stage; there are always projects at the shows!
North Bonneville is coming up, and this is coolest venue to attend!
I have put a show group together, a very diverse group, from 41 & 43 trucks, C10, 3rd Gens, 350Z, M4, 69-SS, 2nd Gen, so if you are interested give me a shout, it would be great to add some more on!
Perhaps this could be an additional way of getting together, and hanging out, cruising, all the good stuff!

Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any thoughts to inviting the northwest facebook group to use our boards? They do put on gatherings, but we have the cooler name and clubhouse.
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FB seems great for events and quick usage, I am guessing that is why the FB groups have taken off, and the bulk of the the quick photo sharing and banter is there.

I think CC's real value is the tech forum area and all the history to search in that.
fiveoformula

1988 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:
FB seems great for events and quick usage, I am guessing that is why the FB groups have taken off, and the bulk of the the quick photo sharing and banter is there.

I think CC's real value is the tech forum area and all the history to search in that.

I absolutely agree with that last part.
Firechicken76

1984 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started the NW third gen group about a year and a half ago, we have a lot of the members from here in our group now. one problem we have is that when we find new members, some don't have facebook accounts. this site has a lot of good info on it and id hate to see it go away.
Al Hasse

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chevymad wrote:
Any thoughts to inviting the northwest facebook group to use our boards? They do put on gatherings, but we have the cooler name and clubhouse.

That may be as simple as having the admin(s) add the invite with a link in a pinned post - always on top of the group page.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: