Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PDX gtg

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DBL_TKE

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: PDX gtg Reply with quote

There aren't too many regular meets in the PDX area concerning f-bodies or even American cars in general and I've been wanting something like this around here for awhile. I started hosting a get together (gtg) for the local VW crowd and it's turned out very well. It's held every Tuesday at a local Buffalo Wild Wings and we regularly get over 30 cars to show up. It's been going strong for over a year now. So I think it's about time we start something like this for ourselves.

WHO: Anybody who owns or takes interest in F-bodies, V8's, American cars, etc

WHAT: Something like this is to fill the void between big events. Something you can go to and check out everybodies car, BS, have some food and a few drinks.

WHERE: I've scouted a few locations in the PDX area that might be a suitable place. We're going to want someplace that is well lit, and has an expansive parking lot. Having a food joint nearby is a huge plus. A parking garage would be even better. It needs to be easy to find for people not firmiliar with the area. Also having nice roads and no speed bumps would be optimal. A lot of people may have low headers, true dials, lowered cars, etc.

- BRIDGEPORT VILLAGE
7405 Southwest Bridgeport Road, Portland, OR
This is an outdoor shopping mall, they have a bunch of places to eat and shop, it's right off of I-5 near the 217 interchange and they have a parking structure which would be beneficial during inclement weather.

- SONIC
7380 Northeast Butler Street, Hillsboro
A very popular drive-in fast food restaurant. It's close to highway 26 is very well lit and has a large parking lot right between sonic and Kohl's. This has been a popular meeting spot for many car clubs in the past.

- CLACKAMAS TOWN CENTER
12000 SE 82nd Avenue, Happy Valley, Oregon 97086
This is a shopping mall that has a parking structure and a couple food places on the grounds. There have been car club meets here before and I have contacted the Manager of the company that owns the place and we have permission to hold gtg's here.

- CASCADE STATION
NE Airport Way, Portland, OR (near PDX)
Easy to find, plenty of open parking, well lit, and several places for food.

if you have any suggestions go ahead and post away

WHEN: Probably mid week (Thursday's?) seeing as many events throughout the year are held on weekends. Probably later in the evening, that way it will interfere as little as possibly with most people's work schedule. Are people interested in a weekly gtg? Every other week? Once a month?

I want to try and get something going here. I'm thinking about having the meets start in march or maybe April as the weather starts to get better. I know a lot of people that dont drive these kind of cars during mad weather or have them stored over the winter. I want to here everybody's input about something like this.

Richmond 3.73 posi| 36/24 sway bars | SLP LM2 | Koni's | Ground Control 800/200 | Y2K wheels | Dyno Don headers & Y-pipe | airfoil | BBK underdrive pulleys | Raised strut mounts | Extended ball joints | LCARB'S

Last edited by DBL_TKE on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great. We used to do more local get togethers or impromptu dinner gatherings. It is all about the interest and someone posting up to coordinate. The PDX area used to be the most active but I think the Northerners have been kicking our butts lately in terms of gtg frequency Smile.

I would vote Clackamas Town Center but selfishly as I live on this side of town. There is also a lot of parking space available. Bridgeport is nice but usually pretty crowded and parking is a premium.

Having said all that, I am in... either for a regular gtg or just a quickie dinner sometime.

Another thought once the weather changes is the Beaches gathering at PIR on Wednesday nights assuming that they are still going to do it this year. That is a fun gig... usually live music, lots of cars to look at.

-Schultzy

12.73 @ 109.39, 1.793 60 \ 11.794 @ 121.16, 1.62 60 (old combo)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DBL_TKE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I thought about the Beaches cruise-in too. As I don't work Wednesdays at the track anymore I can actually go to that. The only downfall is the fact that there's an entrance fee ($8 ) which might deter some people and sometimes they throw a hissy fit about letting cars in that are post '73.
Richmond 3.73 posi| 36/24 sway bars | SLP LM2 | Koni's | Ground Control 800/200 | Y2K wheels | Dyno Don headers & Y-pipe | airfoil | BBK underdrive pulleys | Raised strut mounts | Extended ball joints | LCARB'S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha. Well we can certainly do our own thing. I am actually glad that you posted up. I have not been giving my girl much love for a while... not motivated. Having some club time/cruise/gtg would be cool Cool

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid week would actually let Lama boy play along... I am sure Rich will be into it too.

-Schultzy
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing how quickly minigatherings/cruise-ins can get big. I started a thursday night thing up here with the room mates and in about two months it went from 5-6 cars to well over 50 cars. We had a good thing going with a local parking garage but sadly it just got shut down because of some kids, trash and disrespect. It was cool though seeing mustangs, imports, vipers, vettes, even had a GTR one week.

Have fun!

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
DBL_TKE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iansane wrote:
It's amazing how quickly minigatherings/cruise-ins can get big. I started a thursday night thing up here with the room mates and in about two months it went from 5-6 cars to well over 50 cars. We had a good thing going with a local parking garage but sadly it just got shut down because of some kids, trash and disrespect. It was cool though seeing mustangs, imports, vipers, vettes, even had a GTR one week.

Have fun!

I know about that all too well. My VW get together used to be held in the parking garage at Buffalo Wild Wings. Awesome location, it allowed us to comfortably have meets even in rainy weather. Of course there's always one or two kids who like to be disrespectful pricks and bump there stereo, drive aggressively, burn out, etc. It got to the point where we got kicked out by the police and threatened with trespassing tickets if we ever showed up again. So we moved locations.

DBL_TKE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added the Cascade Station near PDX to the list of suggestions.
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could be a good one. More centrally located, Buffalo Wild Wings and plenty of parking.

-Schultzy
RSFreak
The other "John"

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iansane wrote:

Have fun!

Us Northerners should get something like that going up here again. Cool

Richster
Magic Fingers

1983 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definately in on this!
Airport way or Clackamas are cool with me, or alternate locations?
Oh I see you were thinking of me Laughing "I know a lot of people that dont drive these kind of cars during mad weather or have them stored over the winter"
Sounds like an awesome Idea and a good time!

Magic Fingers

1983 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can add my office / warehouse location as well, right off of Marine drive Troutdale, big lot good cruise to falls or towards Pdx, the freeway on ramp is around the bend.
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richster wrote:
You can add my office / warehouse location as well, right off of Marine drive Troutdale, big lot good cruise to falls or towards Pdx, the freeway on ramp is around the bend.

And its minutes to Edgefield.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Richster
Magic Fingers

1983 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very good point indeed!! Cheers
Also there is a stretch of road behind my building that is straight and flat and No traffic! Cool

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just giving this a bump. Iit looks like there the most interest for a meet at the Clackamas Town Center on a Thursday night. I think we'll start this once there a forecast for decent (dry) weather, which will probably be real soon. I'll edit the OP with all the correct and final info when there's a date in sight.
DBL_TKE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we finally have decent weather in store for next week. This will be happening on Wednesday's. my work schedule prevents me from hosting this on Thursday's now, and it also opens up the option of going to the beaches cruise in every now and then. Have we all decided that the clackamas town center is where the first meet should take place? And what time is best, 7pm, 8pm? I figure we'd want to avoid the rush hour traffic.
DBL_TKE

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giving this a bump. We're meeting at Clackamas Town Center this Wednesday in the Northeast section of the parking lot. I'll be there at 7:00pm. If there's enough interest maybe we can grab a bite to eat at one of the many places at the mall.

11900 Southeast 82nd Avenue
Portland‎ OR‎ 97086
United States

If you have any questions or get lost you can call/text: (503)467-9125.

Look for this car:

See you all there!

Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably won't make it this week, since the camaro is not really driveable right now. Hopefully you get a good turn-out, once I get the camaro sorted out, I'll try to make it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Event Calendar All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: