Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cows 2012.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Cows 2012. Reply with quote

Thanks to all who showed up! This is a great crew. The whole point of this is always for people to get together and have fun.

The crew did very well at the car show this year. All 4 entries came home with wall trophys. (yes i said 4.. my 2 cars had difficulty waking up saturday Embarassed ) Congrats Chelsea, Tony, Skyler, and Al. Chelsea once again scored the $50 gas card for coming the furthest. Tony and Jen won a neon sign I believe. I won an antiqued Chevrolet service sign. Several also won door prizes.

I noticed the white truck Paul and I put together using my chassis( the red stepside from the burnout vids) also won an award this year!

Anyway, I'll start posting my pics here as soon as they're done uploading. I hope those of you still on the road have a safe trip home!

Last edited by chevymad on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/chevymad/Cows12/
flea

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a good time as always. The crew did do pretty well this year, but I believe the other award went to Skyler, I didn't show my car this year. Congrats to all that took home some gold this year. Smile
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flea wrote:
It was a good time as always. The crew did do pretty well this year, but I believe the other award went to Skyler, I didn't show my car this year. Congrats to all that took home some gold this year. Smile

Whatcha talking bout Willis?

Thanks, edited my post. Razz
aaron_sK

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flea wrote:
I didn't show my car this year.

But you would have been a shoe-in for the worst hood trophy!
flea

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, that hood is looking so fine.
DBL_TKE

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just made it home all safe and sound and in one piece. I had an awesome time, this was my first PWTC that I've attended. I was pretty stoked that I won an award especially since this is the first car show I've ever entered.
Richmond 3.73 posi| 36/24 sway bars | SLP LM2 | Koni's | Ground Control 800/200 | Y2K wheels | Dyno Don headers & Y-pipe | airfoil | BBK underdrive pulleys | Raised strut mounts | Extended ball joints | LCARB'S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Al Hasse

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just made it home myself, had a great time. Jim, Chelsea, and I came up the less traveled route - Jim split off at home in Raymond. I left Chelsea on her own just outside of McCleary on Hwy 8, She should be on North I-5 near Seattle by now.

I'll post what few pics I have later, but they'll be very similar to Brandon's.

Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got home a while ago. Thanks Brandon and Debbie for opening up your home to us. It was a good time, and good to see lots of crewbies come home from the car show with some hardware.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Quasi-Traction
"I have petals"

1986 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really wished I could have come. But Work called and I had to answer. Jim, enjoy the steering wheel. Hope everyone else had a good time.
Al Hasse

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Cows 2012. Reply with quote

chevymad wrote:
my 2 cars had difficulty waking up saturday Embarassed

Maybe a little too much party the night before Razz

Got some pics here, too....

Tony offers Jim some pointer on changing a steering wheel Laughing
Unfortunately, the airbag wheel would not remotely detonate after removal, so no "earth-shattering kaboom" Laughing

Our group of winners...

At the Maritime Museum...

The rest are here...

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f91/alhasse/COWS%202012/
flea

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed Al, thank you for bringing that up.

An airbag is nothing to be toyed with. There are yellow stickers all over warning you not to be mucking about with it. Specifically one of the warnings says something to the affect of do not be running electric current through it. Why you may ask, because it is a lot of effort for no earth shattering kaboom thats why. I mean there are green wires, white wires, remote detonating devices that would make Al Qaeda jealous, elaborate launch towers carefully designed to ensure the launch trajectory carries the launch vehicle to the desired orbit. . .but noooo, there was no kaboom. Crying or Very sad

Speaking of things that were not mentioned yet, a little warning about the capabilities of that camera would have been nice. You weren't even in our zip code when you took that picture.

And a special howdy-do to the men in black that were lured here by the mention of "Al Qaeda" and "earth shattering kaboom" in the same sentence.

Whiskeychick

1987 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I made it home in one piece Smile Must say the free coffee at the highway rest stops is a god send Very Happy

Didnt get hung up at the boarder thank god, the officer liked my car lol So I pulled in at 11:30, 30 minutes before my car turned into a pumpkin with no insurance Razz

Had a blast this year though! Thanks Al for the directions, and I'll be back next year and hopefully with the duo rolling.

Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was fun hanging out with you kids while I could! Glad everything worked out well and congrats on the car show awards!

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Al Hasse

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flea wrote:
Speaking of things that were not mentioned yet, a little warning about the capabilities of that camera would have been nice. You weren't even in our zip code when you took that picture.

I was too, I was on Brandon's deck having fun watching when I decided to pull out the 100-300mm zoom (effective 150-450mm) Razz

Whiskeychick wrote:
Well, I made it home in one piece Smile Must say the free coffee at the highway rest stops is a god send Very Happy

They're there for safety and take donations for the coffee & cookies if the driver has the spare change. I've rolled in to one or two rest stops just to take an hour or two nap in the car late at night, does wonders for chasing away the sandman Laughing

Whiskeychick wrote:
Thanks Al for the directions, and I'll be back next year and hopefully with the duo rolling.

Not a problem, glad you made it over to the interstate. I thought you were going to follow me up one more highway to the north, but I think you did better with a slightly shorter route by breaking off when you did. Cool You would have found I-5 at the same place...
91RSVert

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al Hasse wrote:
I was too, I was on Brandon's deck having fun watching when I decided to pull out the 100-300mm zoom (effective 150-450mm) Razz

Dont you love lenses like that Laughing I have a full manual 500mm, with a 2x coupler. Plus the camera 1.5. I can take a decent shot of the moon Shocked
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

500 on a crop body is crazy even before the coupler!!!!

I hae a 300mm with a 1.6x camera body, and I thought that combination reached out there pretty well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Al Hasse

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91RSVert wrote:
Al Hasse wrote:

Dont you love lenses like that Laughing I have a full manual 500mm, with a 2x coupler. Plus the camera 1.5. I can take a decent shot of the moon Shocked

I know what you mean. I have a 600mm reflex (mirror type) manual focus lens that gets out there pretty good on my 1.5 body. I also have a 1.7X coupler to add to that. I don't use the coupler very much as it screws with the auto focus functions of my other lenses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: