Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hardwired iPhone charger?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
blue89
Member


Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 3482
Location: Bellingham/Eugene

1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony hard drive head unit? Please explain or provide a model number.

I agree with you. I dislike CDs. I hate burning them, the fact they dont hold many songs, and mp3 on cd is just plain annoying. I need to convert my e46 bmws extra changer input to accept aux audio and then all my cars are cd-less.

_________________
E30
86 RS - 7.4L V8 SOLD
89 RS - 3.25L V6 REMOVED
89 RS - 5.7L LT1 SOLD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back around 2002 or so Sony had a CD player that had a 10gb hard drive built into it. The MEX-1HD I thought it was cool because I hated changed CDs all the time. You could pop a CD in and hit record, 45 seconds later it was all copied over. Unfortunately it didn't copy .MP3 files. Mine's still chugging along and I have about 40 CDs on it that I listen to all the time. Also had a usb stick slot, SD card slot and I believe an optical hook up as well? I never use anything but the internal HDD. It's a trooper for lasting in MY car this long! Now that I say that it'll stop working. Laughing

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_10_1/car-audio-sony-mex-1hd-head-unit-3-2003.html

_________________

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
blue89
Member


Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 3482
Location: Bellingham/Eugene

1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is seriously cool. Can you load any mp3's from the stick or does it have to be in the right format? Why do I like slot load on a PC and tray load in a car?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BluFbdy
Member


Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 915
Location: Port Orchard WA

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure on ians Sony but the Kenwood you copy to the usb stick off your computer and plug it in, not sure on the internal drive size but on the main menu there's a copy to hard drive option on the Kenwood, click and save and its there til you delete it
_________________
If you expect a kick to the balls and get a slap to the face its still a victory
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DBL_TKE
Member


Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Posts: 1505
Location: Aloha, OR

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine got a new head unit so he is wanting to sell his old one... A Kenwood Excelon KDC-X944.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KDCX994/Kenwood-Excelon-KDC-X994.html?tp=5684

What's everyones thoughts on this one?

_________________
Richmond 3.73 posi| 36/24 sway bars | SLP LM2 | Koni's | Ground Control 800/200 | Y2K wheels | Dyno Don headers & Y-pipe | airfoil | BBK underdrive pulleys | Raised strut mounts | Extended ball joints | LCARB'S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Alphius
Peanut


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 2429
Location: Grand Mound

1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm personally not a fan of Kenwood (don't like the interface) but I've heard good things about the audio quality and longevity of the Excelon decks from a friend of mine that owns a car audio shop.

If you like it, buy it. You shouldn't have any problems with it.

_________________
84 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56
85 Silverado - Low and Slow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group