| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
RSFreak The other "John"

Joined: 23 Jan 2004 Posts: 2946 Location: Renton
1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:36 pm Post subject: |
|
|
I'll be there but probably won't run my car since I haven't done anything to it since last year (except fixed the burnt plug wire).  _________________ '86 Trans Am - 5.0L TPI - LT1 cam - 700R4 - WS6
'85 Camaro Berlinetta - IROC clone
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:43 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| But you can see how many horses that cylinder is worth! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RSFreak The other "John"

Joined: 23 Jan 2004 Posts: 2946 Location: Renton
1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:46 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Perhaps...  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:47 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Did we ever burn a better chip than that crappy one we found on the interwebs? That'd be worth doing before running again. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:35 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| aaron_sK wrote: | | But you can see how many horses that cylinder is worth! |
150/7=~21 hehe _________________
| Quote: | | Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth. |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RSFreak The other "John"

Joined: 23 Jan 2004 Posts: 2946 Location: Renton
1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:14 am Post subject: |
|
|
| aaron_sK wrote: | | Did we ever burn a better chip than that crappy one we found on the interwebs? That'd be worth doing before running again. |
I was running the ARAP bin modified for the 700R4 but it had the old injector constant. I'll look at that invoice and find out what the actual injector rate is and we can fix it. I also wanna make sure the oil leak is fixed for good. Maybe I'll bring the T/A out to your place and we can reinstall the intake manifold. We could do it at James' house but if we run into problems I'd rather it be at your place.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:45 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| RSFreak wrote: | if we run into problems I'd rather it be at your place.  |
So you can dump it here for a week like the cursed-ass RS?
The BIN had better not be an ARAP, that's for an L98. I seem to remember we redid the chip, but crap if I can remember the specifics.
What oil leak problem is this? How does an intake leak oil when there's no oil in it? China wall leak? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
rjmcgee The Hammer

Joined: 08 Jan 2004 Posts: 2328
|
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:48 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Either Arpril date works for me, I'll run one on the rollers. See how she's holding up 8 years later. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RSFreak The other "John"

Joined: 23 Jan 2004 Posts: 2946 Location: Renton
1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:47 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| aaron_sK wrote: | | RSFreak wrote: | if we run into problems I'd rather it be at your place.  |
So you can dump it here for a week like the cursed-ass RS?
The BIN had better not be an ARAP, that's for an L98. I seem to remember we redid the chip, but crap if I can remember the specifics.
What oil leak problem is this? How does an intake leak oil when there's no oil in it? China wall leak? |
Oh yeah, we used the '89 LB9 bin, but we couldn't find one for an auto so we took that part from ARAP.
Yup, we suspect rear China wall.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|