Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why do I read TGO?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RSFreak
The other "John"


Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Posts: 2946
Location: Renton

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably easier to do the heater core on a Chrysler. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)


Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Posts: 9191
Location: Auburn , WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volvo's are easy. And just as easy as anything else with proper tooling.

The old ones are crappy and a PITA with the Bosch mech fuel injection, but hey, Audi runs it too.....

_________________
A redline a day keeps the carbon away!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That didn't take long...

Quote:
Dear Aaron_SK,

You have received an infraction at Third Generation F-Body Message Boards.

Reason: Insulted Other Member(s) - \"Severe\"
-------
I don't care what kind of users the board is full of, as long as they're not calling each other stupid.
-------

This infraction is worth 3 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.


See highlighted section for the inherent problem with TGO. They just want members, not intelligent members.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been called f****r, s*** head, a**h*le, d**che, d**k, idiot, jerk, and other countless names over there. Now I guess I know why I've never been called stupid. It's against the rules. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The word I used was idiot, I also insinuated substance abuse. The moderator lacks reading comprehension. I sent him a PM after that which has remained unanswered.

I'm getting bored of that place already. It really is all idiots. Suppose I should go back to working on my car. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rjmcgee
The Hammer


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 2328



PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never even received a nasty gram from TGO, I've received a couple from Cascade Crew though. Aaron your a true asshole, congrats. Laughing Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjmcgee wrote:
Aaron your a true asshole, congrats.


Laughing

Coming from you, Rodney, that means a lot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There we go again.... somebody using big words that people can't understand. Post #21 and following.

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/ltx-lsx/631609-what-factory-heads-intake.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jchaussee
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 1318
Location: renton


PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all about wording . Now instead of calling someone a prick on tgo, I say they are acting like a prick. So far I have not got a principles note.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron, don't worry. It's pretty clear to me the only way to get banned from TGO is to say something bad about what Spohn sells.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or say something about Dirk's wife.


Oh...that was a decade ago. I guess I'm a little late with the jokes. Move along, nothing to see here...

_________________

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BluFbdy
Member


Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 915
Location: Port Orchard WA

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... thats the reason I hate TGO lol if you want a better laugh check out the why do Honda/import guys think their stuff is fast, I posted in that in like 07 or 08 and it was brought back from the dead after a few years (because the number one way to look around is the piece of shizzle search engine they have) and people can't read the dates EVER it blew up from a simple question with simple answers to a 14+ page pissing match lol
_________________
If you expect a kick to the balls and get a slap to the face its still a victory
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this sh** is blowing my mind...

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/body/631708-84-t-rust-repair.html

That guy is building a whole new car because he's not smart enough to replace the shell already. He spent more on his welder than I did buying an entire car to replace my crap shell!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jchaussee
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 1318
Location: renton


PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously wtf? Why? Decent shells for a couple hundred all day long.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chevymad
Master B


Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Posts: 5477


1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent shells sell cheap here. And he admits he could buy another, but in rust country they arent quite as easy to come by.

People have ordered entire lower halves of vw bugs from here to ship back east. They'd have been better off buying the whole bug.. but thats how they do things.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not about the money. He is doting on his baby that he has had a long time. He's putting himself into the repair and the car. I understand this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BluFbdy
Member


Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 915
Location: Port Orchard WA

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See now I saw one where the guy rolled his iroc and rebuilt it, that I understand....kinda somethings are just beyond the effort that even goes for my car if the damage is beyond the point of worth I'd just find a new shell, swap all my stuff over, like a reset button lol granted it would be a backburner project at best
_________________
If you expect a kick to the balls and get a slap to the face its still a victory
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QwkTrip wrote:
It's not about the money. He is doting on his baby that he has had a long time. He's putting himself into the repair and the car. I understand this.


Regardless of his sentiment towards a piece of metal he is doing all of this work to end up with a hacked-together jalopy. I mean look at this sh**:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Quasi-Traction
"I have petals"


Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 3873
Location: stumptown

1986 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how much I could get taking the 1/4 pannels off my camaro, and ebaying them? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:
Regardless of his sentiment towards a piece of metal he is doing all of this work to end up with a hacked-together jalopy. I mean look at this sh**:


Shrug Doesn't need to concern any of us.

On another topic, how's the job hunt? Seems you are bored.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group